- Beti Bachao Beti Padhao
- Caring for the Specially Abled
- Chandigarh UT
- Chemicals and Petrochemicals
- Clean Ganga
- Consumer Protection and Internal Trade
- Creative Corner
- Dadra Nagar Haveli UT
- Daman and Diu U.T.
- Department of Administrative Reforms and Public Grievances
- Department of Industrial Policy and Promotion (DIPP)
- Department of Revenue
- Department of Telecom
- Digital India
- Disaster Resilient India
- Economic Affairs
- Energy Conservation
- Expenditure Management Commission
- Food Security
- Girl Child Education
- Government Advertisements
- Green India
- Healthy India
- Incredible India!
- India Textiles
- Indian Railways
- Job Creation
- Mann Ki Baat
- Manual Scavenging-Free India
- Ministry for Development of North Eastern Region
- Ministry of Agriculture and Farmers Welfare
- Ministry of Coal
- Ministry of Corporate Affairs
- Ministry of Culture
- Ministry of Defence
- Ministry of Housing and Urban Poverty Alleviation
- Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD)
- Ministry of Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises (MSME)
- Ministry of Petroleum and Natural Gas
- Ministry of Power
- Ministry of Steel
- MyGov Move - Volunteer
- New Education Policy
- NITI Aayog
- NRIs for India’s Growth
- Open Forum
- Rural Development
- Saansad Adarsh Gram Yojana
- Sakriya Panchayat
- Skill Development
- Smart Cities
- Sporty India
- Swachh Bharat (Clean India)
- Tribal Development
- Watershed Management
- Youth for Nation-Building
Public Consultation on Draft Regulations for Voluntary Liquidation
The Insolvency and Bankruptcy Board of India (IBBI) was established on October 1, 2016 in accordance with the provisions of The Insolvency and Bankruptcy Code, 2016. ...
The Insolvency and Bankruptcy Board of India (IBBI) was established on October 1, 2016 in accordance with the provisions of The Insolvency and Bankruptcy Code, 2016.
The Board has the responsibilities relating to the setting of a conducive ecosystem to support implementation of the insolvency and bankruptcy regime in India. This encompasses the following broad functions:
• Regulation and development of market processes and practices relating to Corporate Insolvency, Corporate Liquidation, Individual Insolvency, and Individual Bankruptcy
• Registration and regulation of service providers for the insolvency process which includes the Insolvency Professionals (IPs), Insolvency Professional Agencies (IPA), and Information Utilities (IUs)
• Oversight of markets and service providers through Surveillance, Investigation and Grievance Redressal
• Enforcement and Adjudication of service providers to ensure their orderly functioning
• Professional development and expertise through Education, Examination, Training and continuous professional enhancements.
Ministry of Corporate Affairs provided the initial handholding to the Board. It set up four Working Groups, each with a fixed time frame.
These working groups were mandated to:-
1. Deliberate and recommend the organizational structure of the Board;
2. Rules, Regulations and other related matters on Insolvency Professionals and Insolvency Professional Agencies; Rules,
3. Regulations and other related matters for the Insolvency and Liquidation Process under the Code;
4. Rules, regulations and other related matters for Information Utilities under the Code.
These Working Groups helped the Ministry of Corporate Affairs to prepare the draft regulations related to IPAs, IPs, Model Bye Laws, Insolvency Resolution Process for Corporate Persons, Insolvency Liquidation Process. The Ministry of Corporate Affairs placed these draft regulations in public domain seeking public comments by October 28/31, 2016. The Working Group-4 set up by the Ministry of Corporate Affairs to deliberate and submit its recommendations on rules, regulations and other related matters for Information Utilities under the Insolvency and Bankruptcy Code, 2016, submitted its Report including draft regulations on Information Utilities. These were put up in public domain seeking public comments by February 7, 2017.
Group-3 set up by the Ministry of Corporate Affairs to deliberate and submit its recommendations on rules, regulations and other related matters pertaining to Voluntary Liquidation process under the Insolvency and Bankruptcy Code, 2016, submitted the draft regulations on Voluntary liquidation.
The Insolvency and Bankruptcy Board of India invites public comments on each provision of the draft regulations by 8th March, 2017.