- Chandigarh UT
- Creative Corner
- Dadra Nagar Haveli UT
- Daman and Diu U.T.
- Department of Administrative Reforms and Public Grievances
- Department of Biotechnology
- Department of Commerce
- Department of Consumer Affairs
- Department of Industrial Policy and Promotion (DIPP)
- Department of Posts
- Department of Science and Technology
- Department of Telecom
- Digital India
- Economic Affairs
- Ek Bharat Shreshtha Bharat
- Energy Conservation
- Expenditure Management Commission
- Food Security
- Girl Child Education
- Government Advertisements
- Green India
- Incredible India!
- India Textiles
- Indian Railways
- Job Creation
- LiFE-21 Day Challenge
- Mann Ki Baat
- Manual Scavenging-Free India
- Ministry for Development of North Eastern Region
- Ministry of Agriculture and Farmers Welfare
- Ministry of Chemicals and Fertilizers
- Ministry of Civil Aviation
- Ministry of Coal
- Ministry of Corporate Affairs
- Ministry of Culture
- Ministry of Defence
- Ministry of Earth Sciences
- Ministry of Education
- Ministry of Environment, Forest and Climate Change
- Ministry of External Affairs
- Ministry of Health and Family Welfare
- Ministry of Home Affairs
- Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs
- Ministry of Information and Broadcasting
- Ministry of Jal Shakti
- Ministry of Law and Justice
- Ministry of Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises (MSME)
- Ministry of Petroleum and Natural Gas
- Ministry of Power
- Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment
- Ministry of Statistics and Programme Implementation
- Ministry of Steel
- Ministry of Women and Child Development
- MyGov Move - Volunteer
- New Education Policy
- New India Championship
- NITI Aayog
- NRIs for India’s Growth
- Open Forum
- Revenue and GST
- Rural Development
- Saansad Adarsh Gram Yojana
- Sakriya Panchayat
- Skill Development
- Smart Cities
- Sporty India
- Swachh Bharat (Clean India)
- Tribal Development
- Watershed Management
- Youth for Nation-Building
My Salem - My Pride
Salem, the fifth largest city in Tamil Nadu is also known as ‘Steel City’. Salem city has been selected as one of the smart cities under the ministry of Urban development, ...
Salem, the fifth largest city in Tamil Nadu is also known as ‘Steel City’. Salem city has been selected as one of the smart cities under the ministry of Urban development, Government of India’s Smart Cities mission.Salem is now required to formulate its own unique vision, mission and plan under the Smart cities Challenge. This has to be done in consultation with the city residents and stakeholders. Salem city Municipal Corporation requests all its citizens of Salem city to share their views, opinions and area improvement suggestions to make the city Salem as a smart city. Your valuable views and suggestions are important to transform the city as a smart city to improve the quality of life for each one of their citizens in Salem City.
Kindly, post your views by 30th October, 2015.
Very importantly, eGovernance in public services NEED to be improved for avoiding unwanted delays and time consumptions in providing urgent public services like Birth Certificate, Ration Cards with redressal system.
Public Transport System-Energy Efficiency
Public Buses in route Salem Junction to New bus Stand and Old Bus stand shall be made into Electric powered or Natural Gas powered engines. By analysing at what time the buses get engaged a lot with people and in which route, conversion can be done in step by step manner. Even a Single conversion may save many ten thousands of rupee in a year!
* A committee to be formed for each ward- respective MLA, ward Counsellar, 3 non political party people (atleast one aged above 40, atleast one women) selected from that ward by suitable means.
If mass felling of Trees (more than 4 trees in a 5 year period) should not be done for any reason without INDIVIDUAL written consent from this committee members and it has to be a secret ballot. Every one must be given Veto power.Future holds for Green GDP.So importance for trees has be given, protected
¤Lack of adequate Green cover
* Places without Trees along Road sides shall be planted with well grown saplings and the care to grow it shall be guten to both corporation and respective near by house residers on Moral basis. Monsoon season can be used.
¤ One of the Important issues of Salem is Water problem and their pipe breakage! The water supply and rights must not be privatised. So that people can demand for their Basic Fundamental Right from Govt.
* For this, the corporation shall review all of the frequently breaking pipe line and lay a qualitative one, with Enggs' supervision. Solving of old problems to prevent new problems is the concept
* Solid waste Management. All Solid wastes that can be used to generate biogas are to used to generate Cooking gas for State Government Schools. Waste collected in one area can be used to fuel stoves of that area's Govt Schools.
*So biogas generating units are to be installed in each schools and cooking staffs are to be trained
*Biometric attendance for School teachers and other staffs shall be made must thrice a day
#SmartCity #Salem #Education
*All Smart City projects that are to be proposed, implemented, and maintained shall be put in a Single seperate special website (like Smart city salem ).
*It should have opinion giving, grievance registering and solving mechanisms for each seperate projects. A special team shall be made for this and strong norms to be made. Also progress of each project is to be updated. This forms an effective Good (e)Governance (accountability, transparency, participation of people) can be extended all sector
* Bus Stops are to be integrated with one another in a particular bus route along with the buses by sensors and suitable technology. So that a person in one cup stop can know where the bus is coming now for which he is waiting for. This can be displayed in LED board.
* Proper Bus stops shall built in accordance with Green Building Concept, powered by Solar energy. These must be designed to protect people from both Sun heat radiation and heavy Rainfall.
*The bus route Map of salem city has to be made an integral part of it and should long last for atleast 10 years by design and material.
To Salem people who give their valuable comments, please think in terms of Environment Friendly, Information and Communication Technology in public service, Energy efficiency, Solid waste management. These are some "smart" solutions for smart City #SmartCity #Salem