- Beti Bachao Beti Padhao
- Chandigarh UT
- Creative Corner
- Dadra Nagar Haveli UT
- Daman and Diu U.T.
- Department of Administrative Reforms and Public Grievances
- Department of Biotechnology
- Department of Commerce
- Department of Consumer Affairs
- Department of Industrial Policy and Promotion (DIPP)
- Department of Pharmaceuticals
- Department of Science and Technology
- Department of Telecom
- Digital India
- Economic Affairs
- Energy Conservation
- Expenditure Management Commission
- Food Security
- Girl Child Education
- Government Advertisements
- Green India
- Healthy India
- Incredible India!
- India Textiles
- Indian Railways
- Job Creation
- Mann Ki Baat
- Manual Scavenging-Free India
- Ministry for Development of North Eastern Region
- Ministry of Agriculture and Farmers Welfare
- Ministry of Civil Aviation
- Ministry of Coal
- Ministry of Corporate Affairs
- Ministry of Culture
- Ministry of Defence
- Ministry of Earth Sciences
- Ministry of External Affairs
- Ministry of Home Affairs
- Ministry of Housing and Urban Poverty Alleviation
- Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD)
- Ministry of Information and Broadcasting
- Ministry of Law and Justice
- Ministry of Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises (MSME)
- Ministry of Petroleum and Natural Gas
- Ministry of Power
- Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment
- Ministry of Statistics and Programme Implementation
- Ministry of Steel
- Ministry of Water Resources, River Development and Ganga Rejuvenation
- MyGov Move - Volunteer
- New Education Policy
- New India Championship
- NITI Aayog
- NRIs for India’s Growth
- Open Forum
- Revenue and GST
- Rural Development
- Saansad Adarsh Gram Yojana
- Sakriya Panchayat
- Skill Development
- Smart Cities
- Sporty India
- Swachh Bharat (Clean India)
- Tribal Development
- Watershed Management
- Youth for Nation-Building
Ministry of Electronics and IT invites suggestions on Prevention of Leakage and Proper Recycling of E-Waste
The electronics waste (e-waste) comprises of discarded electrical and electronic equipment, and poses serious challenges globally for improper disposal practices especially in ...
The electronics waste (e-waste) comprises of discarded electrical and electronic equipment, and poses serious challenges globally for improper disposal practices especially in informal sector.
Hon’ble PM has emphasized the need for creating awareness for environmental issues under “Swach Digital Bharat’ during his address at NASSCOM event on 01.03.2015. On the direction of Hon’ble PM, MeitY has initiated the “Awareness Programme on Environmental Hazards of Electronic Waste through Digital India Initiative” over a period of five years to create awareness among the public about the hazards of e-waste recycling by the informal sector and educate them about alternate methods of disposing their e-waste.
Over 95 per cent of e-waste generated is managed by the informal sector. Integration of the informal sector and access to environmentally safe recycling technologies may reduce the health and environmental hazards. In addition to technology, capacity building, skill management, scientific recycling mechanism, business management training are also required for safe recycling of e-waste.
In this context, MeitY is inviting citizen inputs to provide solution for leakage of E-Waste in the informal sector, and suggest proper recycling technology for E-Waste that is economically available.
The last date of submission of suggestions is 4th April, 2018.
For any further information about E-Waste, please visit the GREENE website.