- Chandigarh UT
- Creative Corner
- Dadra Nagar Haveli UT
- Daman and Diu U.T.
- Department of Administrative Reforms and Public Grievances
- Department of Biotechnology
- Department of Commerce
- Department of Consumer Affairs
- Department of Industrial Policy and Promotion (DIPP)
- Department of Posts
- Department of Science and Technology
- Department of Telecom
- Digital India
- Economic Affairs
- Ek Bharat Shreshtha Bharat
- Energy Conservation
- Expenditure Management Commission
- Food Security
- Girl Child Education
- Government Advertisements
- Green India
- Incredible India!
- India Textiles
- Indian Railways
- Job Creation
- LiFE-21 Day Challenge
- Mann Ki Baat
- Manual Scavenging-Free India
- Ministry for Development of North Eastern Region
- Ministry of Agriculture and Farmers Welfare
- Ministry of Chemicals and Fertilizers
- Ministry of Civil Aviation
- Ministry of Coal
- Ministry of Corporate Affairs
- Ministry of Culture
- Ministry of Defence
- Ministry of Earth Sciences
- Ministry of Education
- Ministry of Environment, Forest and Climate Change
- Ministry of External Affairs
- Ministry of Health and Family Welfare
- Ministry of Home Affairs
- Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs
- Ministry of Information and Broadcasting
- Ministry of Jal Shakti
- Ministry of Law and Justice
- Ministry of Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises (MSME)
- Ministry of Petroleum and Natural Gas
- Ministry of Power
- Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment
- Ministry of Statistics and Programme Implementation
- Ministry of Steel
- Ministry of Women and Child Development
- MyGov Move - Volunteer
- New Education Policy
- New India Championship
- NITI Aayog
- NRIs for India’s Growth
- Open Forum
- Revenue and GST
- Rural Development
- Saansad Adarsh Gram Yojana
- Sakriya Panchayat
- Skill Development
- Smart Cities
- Sporty India
- Swachh Bharat (Clean India)
- Tribal Development
- Watershed Management
- Youth for Nation-Building
Linking higher education to society
Start Date :
Jan 22, 2015
Last Date :
Nov 01, 2015
00:00 AM IST (GMT +5.30 Hrs)
The role of institutions of higher education in societal development is becoming increasing significant. In recent years, higher education has isolated itself from the society and ...
The role of institutions of higher education in societal development is becoming increasing significant. In recent years, higher education has isolated itself from the society and there is a need to re-establish and strengthen higher education’s close linkages with the society. How can Universities foster social responsibility and engage in community outreach programmes. Sharing some working examples would also be a useful input.
Jyoti Nivas College Autonomous, Bangalore.
Dy. Director Higher education Shimla
Theme 11 : Linking higher education to society
there is a need
Higher education can be linked with society by taking social participation in college. There should be some public representative in college administrations and these representative will observe the quality of education and also establish funding for college.
The universities should construct the syllabus which fulfills the needs of society N.S.S. programme should be promoted. The local comitee should be establish at every institute in which social representative selected.They help to institute and social participation in higher education.
1. India should prioritize higher education agenda to enhance local engagement by the universities.
2. Efforts should be made to promote R&D activities in higher education, which helps regional manufacturing sectors
3. The existing educational institutions should be revitalized to play vital role in solving the skill requirements to meet the regional and local labor markets.
4. Students assessment be based on contribution to their community, village etc.
higher education is IMP for Make in India
higher education is must, because of higher education only we learn how to live in society...and we learn how to devolope ourself and we improve our skills..Each Society has its own needs or requirements.Learned people should supply knowledge to fulfill their requirements.So higher education or study should be useful for society
higher education is must, because of higher education only we learn how to live in society...and we learn how to devolope ourself and we improve our skills..
higher education is useful fr social problem.