- Chandigarh UT
- Creative Corner
- Dadra Nagar Haveli UT
- Daman and Diu U.T.
- Department of Administrative Reforms and Public Grievances
- Department of Biotechnology
- Department of Commerce
- Department of Consumer Affairs
- Department of Industrial Policy and Promotion (DIPP)
- Department of Science and Technology
- Department of Telecom
- Digital India
- Economic Affairs
- Energy Conservation
- Expenditure Management Commission
- Food Security
- Girl Child Education
- Government Advertisements
- Green India
- Healthy India
- Incredible India!
- India Textiles
- Indian Railways
- Job Creation
- Mann Ki Baat
- Manual Scavenging-Free India
- Ministry for Development of North Eastern Region
- Ministry of Agriculture and Farmers Welfare
- Ministry of Chemicals and Fertilizers
- Ministry of Civil Aviation
- Ministry of Coal
- Ministry of Corporate Affairs
- Ministry of Culture
- Ministry of Defence
- Ministry of Earth Sciences
- Ministry of External Affairs
- Ministry of Home Affairs
- Ministry of Housing and Urban Poverty Alleviation
- Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD)
- Ministry of Information and Broadcasting
- Ministry of Law and Justice
- Ministry of Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises (MSME)
- Ministry of Petroleum and Natural Gas
- Ministry of Power
- Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment
- Ministry of Statistics and Programme Implementation
- Ministry of Steel
- Ministry of Water Resources, River Development and Ganga Rejuvenation
- Ministry of Women and Child Development
- MyGov Move - Volunteer
- New Education Policy
- New India Championship
- NITI Aayog
- NRIs for India’s Growth
- Open Forum
- Revenue and GST
- Rural Development
- Saansad Adarsh Gram Yojana
- Sakriya Panchayat
- Skill Development
- Smart Cities
- Sporty India
- Swachh Bharat (Clean India)
- Tribal Development
- Watershed Management
- Youth for Nation-Building
Government invites public comments on draft guidelines for Skills Universities
Draft guidelines for Skills Universities are formulated by the Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship (MSDE) in consultation with multiple stakeholders including Skills ...
Draft guidelines for Skills Universities are formulated by the Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship (MSDE) in consultation with multiple stakeholders including Skills Universities. These are placed on the MSDE website for comments/ feedback.
Comments and suggestions may be sent at firstname.lastname@example.org or submitted on MyGov.in by 21st October 2018.
National Policy for Skill Development & Entrepreneurship 2015 emphasized the importance of Skills Universities to be promoted either as de-novo institutions or as a part of existing university landscape. Further, in the wake of Skill India Mission, a number of universities with the nomenclature of “Skills Universities” have come up. However, they are following different norms and varying nomenclature for the degrees awarded, in the absence of common standards in the skills arena.
Skills based education differs from its general counterpart in terms of curriculum, pedagogy, faculty, mode of delivery, eligibility and assessment criteria, etc. and thus, would require a separate set of norms. The purpose of these guidelines is to lay down minimum norms for the establishment and functioning of Skills Universities to ensure adherence to minimum standards as India ventures into these new skilling avenues.
These guidelines do not intend to supersede the extant UGC norms regarding the regulation of higher education in India.
Click here to read Draft guidelines for Skills Universities.