- Chandigarh UT
- Creative Corner
- Dadra Nagar Haveli UT
- Daman and Diu U.T.
- Department of Administrative Reforms and Public Grievances
- Department of Biotechnology
- Department of Commerce
- Department of Consumer Affairs
- Department of Industrial Policy and Promotion (DIPP)
- Department of Posts
- Department of Science and Technology
- Department of Telecom
- Digital India
- Economic Affairs
- Ek Bharat Shreshtha Bharat
- Energy Conservation
- Expenditure Management Commission
- Food Security
- Girl Child Education
- Government Advertisements
- Green India
- Incredible India!
- India Textiles
- Indian Railways
- Job Creation
- Mann Ki Baat
- Manual Scavenging-Free India
- Ministry for Development of North Eastern Region
- Ministry of Agriculture and Farmers Welfare
- Ministry of Chemicals and Fertilizers
- Ministry of Civil Aviation
- Ministry of Coal
- Ministry of Corporate Affairs
- Ministry of Culture
- Ministry of Defence
- Ministry of Earth Sciences
- Ministry of Education
- Ministry of External Affairs
- Ministry of Health and Family Welfare
- Ministry of Home Affairs
- Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs
- Ministry of Information and Broadcasting
- Ministry of Jal Shakti
- Ministry of Law and Justice
- Ministry of Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises (MSME)
- Ministry of Petroleum and Natural Gas
- Ministry of Power
- Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment
- Ministry of Statistics and Programme Implementation
- Ministry of Steel
- Ministry of Women and Child Development
- MyGov Move - Volunteer
- New Education Policy
- New India Championship
- NITI Aayog
- NRIs for India’s Growth
- Open Forum
- Revenue and GST
- Rural Development
- Saansad Adarsh Gram Yojana
- Sakriya Panchayat
- Skill Development
- Smart Cities
- Sporty India
- Swachh Bharat (Clean India)
- Tribal Development
- Watershed Management
- Youth for Nation-Building
Public consultation on Government Open Data Use License - India
Under 6th pillar of digital India Initiative, Open Government Data Platform is endeavoring share of Government data in open domain to improve openness and transparency between ...
Under 6th pillar of digital India Initiative, Open Government Data Platform is endeavoring share of Government data in open domain to improve openness and transparency between Government and the public, encouraging participation of the community and emphasizing data driven decision making to enable the delivery of integrated services.
Structured data available in open format and open license for public access and use, usually termed as “Open Data,” it allows citizens and businesses to find new ways to use it and to create new innovative products and services. The Open Government Data initiative started in India with the notification of the National Data Sharing and Accessibility Policy (NDSAP), on 17th March 2012 & in pursuance of the policy, the Open Government Data Platform India (data.gov.in) was launched in 2012.
Data also is one of the most valuable resources of modern governance, sharing of which enables various and non-exclusive usages for both commercial and non-commercial purposes. Associating an Open License with Open Data is necessary to ensure the legal grounding for its potential reuse and also is crucial to ensure that such data is not misused or misinterpreted (for example, by insisting on proper attribution), and that all users have the same and permanent right to use the data. For a data user wishing to use and build on top of public data, they require assurance of what they legally can and can’t do with the data both commercially and non-commercially. To promote access to publicly held information, promoting transparency and enabling wider economic and social gain, need has been felt in the Government that there must be an Open Government Data Use License.
Government Open Data Use License - India has been drafted by the Suresh Chandra (Law Secretary, Department of Legal Affairs) Committee. After several rounds of discussions and deliberations the committee has finalized the draft of the license.
General public and stake-holders including open data community members, professionals, academicians, data scientists, NGOs, institutions, government bodies, etc. in the field of open data production, consumption and management are hereby solicited to send their suggestions on draft Government Open Data Use License - India.
You are requested to type your suggestion in the given box. Please mention the Clause number on which you want to suggest.Please put a ‘#’ sign before the Clause number. You can refer the following example:
#Clause4: Followed by your Suggestion.
You can also upload a pdf file compiling all your suggestions.
Please refer the full text of:
Government Open Data Use License – India (Draft)
National Data Sharing and Accessibility Policy (NDSAP)
Last date of submission is July 25, 2016.