- Chandigarh UT
- Creative Corner
- Dadra Nagar Haveli UT
- Daman and Diu U.T.
- Department of Administrative Reforms and Public Grievances
- Department of Biotechnology
- Department of Commerce
- Department of Consumer Affairs
- Department of Industrial Policy and Promotion (DIPP)
- Department of Posts
- Department of Science and Technology
- Department of Telecom
- Digital India
- Economic Affairs
- Ek Bharat Shreshtha Bharat
- Energy Conservation
- Expenditure Management Commission
- Food Security
- Girl Child Education
- Government Advertisements
- Green India
- Incredible India!
- India Textiles
- Indian Railways
- Job Creation
- LiFE-21 Day Challenge
- Mann Ki Baat
- Manual Scavenging-Free India
- Ministry for Development of North Eastern Region
- Ministry of Agriculture and Farmers Welfare
- Ministry of Chemicals and Fertilizers
- Ministry of Civil Aviation
- Ministry of Coal
- Ministry of Corporate Affairs
- Ministry of Culture
- Ministry of Defence
- Ministry of Earth Sciences
- Ministry of Education
- Ministry of Environment, Forest and Climate Change
- Ministry of External Affairs
- Ministry of Health and Family Welfare
- Ministry of Home Affairs
- Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs
- Ministry of Information and Broadcasting
- Ministry of Jal Shakti
- Ministry of Law and Justice
- Ministry of Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises (MSME)
- Ministry of Petroleum and Natural Gas
- Ministry of Power
- Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment
- Ministry of Statistics and Programme Implementation
- Ministry of Steel
- Ministry of Women and Child Development
- MyGov Move - Volunteer
- New Education Policy
- New India Championship
- NITI Aayog
- NRIs for India’s Growth
- Open Forum
- Revenue and GST
- Rural Development
- Saansad Adarsh Gram Yojana
- Sakriya Panchayat
- Skill Development
- Smart Cities
- Sporty India
- Swachh Bharat (Clean India)
- Tribal Development
- Watershed Management
- Youth for Nation-Building
Share your Mela Moments
Mela Moments photography contest is an initiative by the Ministry of Culture, under the aegis of ‘Azadi ka Amrit Mahotsav’ to work towards popularizing melas across the ...
Mela Moments photography contest is an initiative by the Ministry of Culture, under the aegis of ‘Azadi ka Amrit Mahotsav’ to work towards popularizing melas across the country. Announced by the Hon’ble Prime Minister, Shri Narendra Modi, during his Mann Ki Baat, the campaign aims to uplift the spirit of the upcoming festive season through visiting melas.
A thread that connects diverse India - the fairs & festivals of our country are an incredible cultural affair. The festive season, being synonymous with the season of fairs has commenced throughout the country with full gusto, & so have the traditional melas associated with them. These melas or fairs, be it religious or cultural, rural or urban, not only provide an unbroken link with the past but also play an important role in boosting the local economy.
Under this campaign, the Ministry is encouraging people to visit fairs for nostalgia-filled happiness. Through this contest, we invite you to share your treasured Mela Moments in high resolution photos and stand a chance to win cash rewards.
Participate in the contest by posting on social media and also submitting your entries on MyGov.in under four following categories –
1.‘Mela Vibes’ which is an ode to the unique & colorful nature of Indian fairs
2.‘ChatoriGully’ which celebrates the best of mela food
3.‘Mela faces’ which captures the happy faces/portraits from fair visits
4.‘Mela Stalls’ showcasing the best of items displayed in the fairs
The campaign will run till March 31, 2023 and every month, three best photos will be rewarded under each category with a cash prize. The monthly winners under each category will also compete for the grand finale at the end of the campaign.
After the contest, all the winning pictures will be exhibited in the Galleries of Lalit Kala Akademi, New Delhi.
Please read the rules before submitting your photo(s) to Mela Moments Photography Contest. By participating in the contests, you understand, acknowledge, and unconditionally agree to abide by the following rules:
Submission guidelines for photographers
1. The contest is open for online submission only at mygov.in till March 31, 2023
2. Photograph must be original.
3. There must be no border, logo, copyright marks, identifying marks or any other visible references and/or marks on the image.
4. Basic editing including colour enhancement, the use of filters, and cropping of the photo(s) is acceptable, provided and such editing does not affect the authenticity and/or genuineness of the photo(s).
5. Advance editing used to create illusions, deceptions and/or manipulations and the adding and removing of significant elements within the frame is prohibited.
6. Printable Quality.
7. No age restrictions.
8. Theme based only.
9. Photos submitted must be at least 640 pixels on the shorter side, and no more than 2000 pixels on the longer side.
10. Photos must be in JPEG format.
11. Five pictures not exceeding 2 MB are allowed per participant during the contest duration.
12. Five entries are allowed per participant every month.
13. Unique title and description for each image submitted must be provided.
14. Photos that portray or otherwise include inappropriate and/or offensive content, including provocative nudity, violence, human rights and/or environment violation, and/or any other contents deemed to be contrary to the law, religious, cultural & moral traditions, and practices of India, are strictly prohibited and will be immediately discarded.
15. Participant should be Indian resident.
16. Submissions will not be accepted once the deadline lapses.
17. Central and State government employees can also participate
1. Ministry of Culture will appoint a judge for each contest. This will comprise of members of the editorial team and/or external judges.
2. The judging panel shall assess and determine the winning Photos. The results and the winners will be announced on the website and social media platforms of Azadi ka Amrit Mahotsav and Ministry of Culture.
3. The decision of Mela Moments Photography Contest judging panel will be final and binding on all Participants in respect to all matters relating to the contest.
4. MoC reserves the right to call for original JPEG or RAW files with unchanged EXIF for the purpose of authentication. An image maybe disregarded if this information cannot be provided.
1. Winning picture will be featured on the social media handles of the Ministry of Culture and the top 3 winners under each category will get a chance to win cash prizes of –
1st Winner – ₹10,000
2nd Winner – ₹7,500
3rd Winner – ₹5,000
2. The grand finale winners in each category get a chance to win –
1st Winner – ₹1,00,000
2nd Winner – ₹75,000
3rd Winner – ₹50,000
Intellectual Property Rights
1. Submitted photos must be original, created and/or taken by the contestant. It must not contain any materials owned or controlled by a third party for which you have not obtained a license, must not infringe the copyright, trademark, moral rights, rights of privacy/publicity or intellectual property rights of any person or entity.
2. Ministry of Culture respects photographer's copyrights and copyrights shall remain vested with the creator of the image. Upon making the submission, you grant Ministry of Culture, worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty free, sub-licensable right and license to use, publish, reproduce, display, perform, adapt, create derivative works, distribute, have distributed, print, in whole or in part, in any form, in all media forms now or hereafter known, to promote the contest, image, the photographer or for editorial or educative use.
3. The Photographer will be credited wherever the image is used.
Please note that the Ministry of Culture reserves the right to cancel the contest or modify the rules, and dates of the contest anytime. The Ministry shall have no liability whatsoever for any inconvenience/loss directly or indirectly caused to any Participant due to such modification of rules/cancellation of competition and the Participants shall accordingly not be entitled to raise any claims pertaining to the same.
Last Date of Submission - 31st March,2023