- Chandigarh UT
- Creative Corner
- Dadra Nagar Haveli UT
- Daman and Diu U.T.
- Department of Administrative Reforms and Public Grievances
- Department of Biotechnology
- Department of Commerce
- Department of Consumer Affairs
- Department of Industrial Policy and Promotion (DIPP)
- Department of Posts
- Department of Science and Technology
- Department of Telecom
- Digital India
- Economic Affairs
- Ek Bharat Shreshtha Bharat
- Energy Conservation
- Expenditure Management Commission
- Food Security
- Girl Child Education
- Government Advertisements
- Green India
- Incredible India!
- India Textiles
- Indian Railways
- Indian Space Research Organisation - ISRO
- Job Creation
- LiFE-21 Day Challenge
- Mann Ki Baat
- Manual Scavenging-Free India
- Ministry for Development of North Eastern Region
- Ministry of Agriculture and Farmers Welfare
- Ministry of Chemicals and Fertilizers
- Ministry of Civil Aviation
- Ministry of Coal
- Ministry of Corporate Affairs
- Ministry of Culture
- Ministry of Defence
- Ministry of Earth Sciences
- Ministry of Education
- Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology
- Ministry of Environment, Forest and Climate Change
- Ministry of External Affairs
- Ministry of Finance
- Ministry of Health and Family Welfare
- Ministry of Home Affairs
- Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs
- Ministry of Information and Broadcasting
- Ministry of Jal Shakti
- Ministry of Law and Justice
- Ministry of Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises (MSME)
- Ministry of Petroleum and Natural Gas
- Ministry of Power
- Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment
- Ministry of Statistics and Programme Implementation
- Ministry of Steel
- Ministry of Women and Child Development
- MyGov Move - Volunteer
- New Education Policy
- New India Championship
- NITI Aayog
- NRIs for India’s Growth
- Open Forum
- Revenue and GST
- Rural Development
- Saansad Adarsh Gram Yojana
- Sakriya Panchayat
- Skill Development
- Smart Cities
- Sporty India
- Swachh Bharat (Clean India)
- Tribal Development
- Watershed Management
- Youth for Nation-Building
Share Your Inputs on Draft Non-Personal Data Governance Framework
A Committee of Experts under the Chairmanship of Shri. Kris Gopalakrishnan has been constituted vide OM No. 24(4)2019- CLES on 13.09.2019 to deliberate on Non-Personal Data ...
A Committee of Experts under the Chairmanship of Shri. Kris Gopalakrishnan has been constituted vide OM No. 24(4)2019- CLES on 13.09.2019 to deliberate on Non-Personal Data Governance Framework. The following are the terms of reference of the said committee:
1. To study various issues relating to Non-Personal Data.
2. To make specific suggestions for consideration of the Central Government on the regulation of Non-Personal Data.
The committee has drafted its report. The report touches upon several emerging and innovative ideas on Non Personal Data such as attempts to give definition of Non-personal Data and the concept of community data and the appropriate rights and privileges over this data, defines three categories – Public, Community and Private, definition of a new concept called Data Business, Open access meta-data registers, Consent for anonymisation of data, sensitivity of Non-Personal Data, defined purposes for data sharing as sovereign purpose, core public interest purposes and economic purposes. The report recommends the establishment of a Non-Personal Data Regulatory Authority with an enabling role as well as enforcing role. The report:
a) Presents trends in data availability, its socio-economic impact leading to imbalances in the market, under-optimal use of data for economic, social, and public purposes, and makes a case for regulating data.
b) Defines Non-Personal Data and key roles.
c) Articulates a legal basis for establishing rights over Non-Personal Data.
d) Defines a Data Business and articulates requirements for its registration and data disclosure.
e) Recommends mechanisms for data sharing while defining three purposes (sovereign, core public interest, and economic purposes) for data sharing.
f) Recommends a Non-Personal Data Authority and articulates its two roles (enabling and enforcing). It also proposes separate legislation to govern and regulate Non-Personal Data.
g) Provides technology-related guidelines for digitally implementing the recommended rules and regulations around data sharing.
The Expert Committee on Non-Personal Data Governance Framework seeks feedback on the report. The feedback will help the committee finalize its report.
Click here to read the Report by the Committee of Experts on Non-Personal Data Governance Framework.
Click here to view the invitation for Virtual Press Brief by Data Governance Committee members on various aspects of data governance - Non Personal data.
‘The feedback submitted here will be kept confidential; no public disclosure will be made at any stage.’
Last date to submit your suggestions/feedback is 13th September,2020.