- Chandigarh UT
- Creative Corner
- Dadra Nagar Haveli UT
- Daman and Diu U.T.
- Department of Administrative Reforms and Public Grievances
- Department of Biotechnology
- Department of Commerce
- Department of Consumer Affairs
- Department of Industrial Policy and Promotion (DIPP)
- Department of Science and Technology
- Department of Telecom
- Digital India
- Economic Affairs
- Ek Bharat Shreshtha Bharat
- Energy Conservation
- Expenditure Management Commission
- Food Security
- Girl Child Education
- Government Advertisements
- Green India
- Healthy India
- Incredible India!
- India Textiles
- Indian Railways
- Job Creation
- Mann Ki Baat
- Manual Scavenging-Free India
- Ministry for Development of North Eastern Region
- Ministry of Agriculture and Farmers Welfare
- Ministry of Chemicals and Fertilizers
- Ministry of Civil Aviation
- Ministry of Coal
- Ministry of Corporate Affairs
- Ministry of Culture
- Ministry of Defence
- Ministry of Earth Sciences
- Ministry of Education
- Ministry of External Affairs
- Ministry of Home Affairs
- Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs
- Ministry of Information and Broadcasting
- Ministry of Jal Shakti
- Ministry of Law and Justice
- Ministry of Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises (MSME)
- Ministry of Petroleum and Natural Gas
- Ministry of Power
- Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment
- Ministry of Statistics and Programme Implementation
- Ministry of Steel
- Ministry of Women and Child Development
- MyGov Move - Volunteer
- New Education Policy
- New India Championship
- NITI Aayog
- NRIs for India’s Growth
- Open Forum
- Revenue and GST
- Rural Development
- Saansad Adarsh Gram Yojana
- Sakriya Panchayat
- Skill Development
- Smart Cities
- Sporty India
- Swachh Bharat (Clean India)
- Tribal Development
- Watershed Management
- Youth for Nation-Building
Seeking Inputs on Artificial Intelligence for Smart Cities
Recognizing the value of data and emerging technologies vis. Artificial Intelligence (AI), the Smart Cities Mission at the Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs has prepared a ...
Recognizing the value of data and emerging technologies vis. Artificial Intelligence (AI), the Smart Cities Mission at the Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs has prepared a concept note on ‘AI for Smart Cities’. This document has been prepared to apprise smart cities on the importance and benefits that AI can bring to the overall city functioning and service delivery to citizens.
Following this, the Ministry plans to formulate an AI strategy for Smart Cities covering various aspects of technology, its impact and how cities can operationalize it and gain benefits. To gather thoughts and ideas on the proposed strategy, your inputs will be helpful in framing a strategy that is comprehensive and holistic. Some of the areas where your suggestions are solicited are as under.
I. Provide your inputs on Governance, institutional design and stakeholder engagement in 500 words(max) over the following aspects:
• Differentiating roles of Central, State and Local governments in driving AI usage in urban environments.
• Quadruple-Helix engagement (Academia-Government-Industry-Civil Society).
• Creation of AI alliances (global and local) for the development and promotion of AI solutions in urban India.
II. Provide your inputs on Priority urban sectors and AI implementation design principles in 500 words(max)over the following aspects:
• Insights on what sectors (low hanging to aspirational) may be considered for AI.
• Linkages with the broader urbanization agenda i.e. making cities data smart, climate-resilient, livable and spur economic growth.
• AI principles to be identified as part of design and implementation in urban India.
III. Provide your inputs on Development of Human capital and Ecosystem for AIin 500 words (max)over the following aspects:
• Augmenting human capital for AI i.e. curriculum, training and research.
• Creating markets, investment channels and financing for AI in cities.
• Essentials of Cities as Living Labs (AI Makerspace, piloting, commercialization pathways and scaling of solutions in cities).
IV. Provide your inputs on Impact measurement in 200 words (max) over the following aspects:
• Identification of KPIs for measuring the impact of AI on projects.
V. Others (max 300 words)
The list is not exhaustive, and you may give your suggestions on any other area of importance that should form part of the AI Strategy for Smart Cities.
1. You may type out your suggestions in a separate document and upload the same, preferably in a PDF file format.
2. The internal word limits for each of the sections are set out as above. Request you to adhere to those while giving comments.
3. You are requested to mention the sections under which the feedback is being provided, to help us understand better.
4. You are requested to ensure your MyGov profile details are updated, to facilitate further interactions if required.
Click here to read the AI concept note for Smart Cities
Your suggestions may be sent by 31.07.2020.