- Chandigarh UT
- Creative Corner
- Dadra Nagar Haveli UT
- Daman and Diu U.T.
- Department of Administrative Reforms and Public Grievances
- Department of Biotechnology
- Department of Commerce
- Department of Consumer Affairs
- Department of Industrial Policy and Promotion (DIPP)
- Department of Science and Technology
- Department of Telecom
- Digital India
- Economic Affairs
- Ek Bharat Shreshtha Bharat
- Energy Conservation
- Expenditure Management Commission
- Food Security
- Girl Child Education
- Government Advertisements
- Green India
- Healthy India
- Incredible India!
- India Textiles
- Indian Railways
- Job Creation
- Mann Ki Baat
- Manual Scavenging-Free India
- Ministry for Development of North Eastern Region
- Ministry of Agriculture and Farmers Welfare
- Ministry of Chemicals and Fertilizers
- Ministry of Civil Aviation
- Ministry of Coal
- Ministry of Corporate Affairs
- Ministry of Culture
- Ministry of Defence
- Ministry of Earth Sciences
- Ministry of External Affairs
- Ministry of Home Affairs
- Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs
- Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD)
- Ministry of Information and Broadcasting
- Ministry of Law and Justice
- Ministry of Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises (MSME)
- Ministry of Petroleum and Natural Gas
- Ministry of Power
- Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment
- Ministry of Statistics and Programme Implementation
- Ministry of Steel
- Ministry of Water Resources, River Development and Ganga Rejuvenation
- Ministry of Women and Child Development
- MyGov Move - Volunteer
- New Education Policy
- New India Championship
- NITI Aayog
- NRIs for India’s Growth
- Open Forum
- Revenue and GST
- Rural Development
- Saansad Adarsh Gram Yojana
- Sakriya Panchayat
- Skill Development
- Smart Cities
- Sporty India
- Swachh Bharat (Clean India)
- Tribal Development
- Watershed Management
- Youth for Nation-Building
Sagarmala Start up Challenge - Calling startups impacting ports and waterways operations in India
About SAGARMALA: ...
Sagarmala has been working on skill development and applied research initiatives to improve skills, technology usage and practices in the Indian maritime sector. It has setup the National Technology Centre for Ports Waterways (NTCPWC) at IIT Madras, Centre of Excellence in Maritime and Shipbuilding (CEMS) at Vishakapatnam and Mumbai and Centre for Inland and Coastal Maritime Technologies (CICMT) at IIT Kharagpur. It is also working on optimally using unused building in major ports (JNPT, ChPT, NMPT, CoPT, VPT etc.) for skill development to meet skilled manpower requirement of the ports.
Sagarmala is now looking to leverage this background work to establish an innovation and entrepreneurship ecosystem for the maritime sector by launching an initiative called the “Sagarmala Startup and Innovation Initiative (S2I2)”. This will entail intensive collaboration of Ministry of Shipping's institutions, academic institutions, private sector and convergence of different Ministry schemes (Startup India, etc.) to develop an ecosystem that brings in fresh ideas/approaches, energy and youth to address the challenges of the port and maritime sector.
Sagarmala Startup and Innovation Initiative (S2I2) will provide financial, institutional, infrastructure, mentorship and new market access to startups to create India as a Maritime Innovation Hub. We welcome you to be a part of this initiative to transform the port and maritime sector of our country !
Detailed Eligibility Criteria
1) Any startup is eligible to apply, DPIIT recognition is preferred but not mandatory
2) Entries will be received through Startup India portal. No email submissions will be accepted by Sagarmala. National Technology Centre for Ports Waterways and coasts(NTCPWC) at IIT Madras and Centre for Inland and Coastal Maritime Technology(CICMT) at IIT Kharagpur may accept direct entries for the Feb 29, 2020 offline presentation event at NTCPWC and March 7, 2020 event at CICMT.
3) The participating startups is required to demonstrate the PoC (Proof of Concept) of idea to CICMT at IIT Kharagpur / NTCPWC at IIT Madras.
4) Prizes will be given after consolidation of all offline/online events.
Themes for Challenges
• Data Analytics
• Artificial Intelligence
• Machine Learning
• Big Data
• Internet of Things
• Communication/Electronics/Mechanical Engineering
Awards & Incentives :
1. Fiscal Incentives : Cash Prize worth Rs Two Lakhs
2. Non- Fiscal Incentives :
a) Pilot opportunities
b) Inbubation at National Technology Centre for Ports Waterways and coasts(NTCPWC) at IIT Madras or Centre for Inland and Coastal Maritime Technology(CICMT) at IIT Kharagpur or Centre of Excellence in Maritime and Shipbuilding at Vizag and Mumbai or other relevant organizations associated with Sagarmala, Ministry of Shipping
The last date to apply is 30th March, 2020.
For detailed information about the Challenge visit here.