- Chandigarh UT
- Creative Corner
- Dadra Nagar Haveli UT
- Daman and Diu U.T.
- Department of Administrative Reforms and Public Grievances
- Department of Biotechnology
- Department of Commerce
- Department of Consumer Affairs
- Department of Industrial Policy and Promotion (DIPP)
- Department of Science and Technology
- Department of Telecom
- Digital India
- Economic Affairs
- Energy Conservation
- Expenditure Management Commission
- Food Security
- Girl Child Education
- Government Advertisements
- Green India
- Healthy India
- Incredible India!
- India Textiles
- Indian Railways
- Job Creation
- Mann Ki Baat
- Manual Scavenging-Free India
- Ministry for Development of North Eastern Region
- Ministry of Agriculture and Farmers Welfare
- Ministry of Chemicals and Fertilizers
- Ministry of Civil Aviation
- Ministry of Coal
- Ministry of Corporate Affairs
- Ministry of Culture
- Ministry of Defence
- Ministry of Earth Sciences
- Ministry of External Affairs
- Ministry of Home Affairs
- Ministry of Housing and Urban Poverty Alleviation
- Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD)
- Ministry of Information and Broadcasting
- Ministry of Law and Justice
- Ministry of Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises (MSME)
- Ministry of Petroleum and Natural Gas
- Ministry of Power
- Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment
- Ministry of Statistics and Programme Implementation
- Ministry of Steel
- Ministry of Water Resources, River Development and Ganga Rejuvenation
- Ministry of Women and Child Development
- MyGov Move - Volunteer
- New Education Policy
- New India Championship
- NITI Aayog
- NRIs for India’s Growth
- Open Forum
- Revenue and GST
- Rural Development
- Saansad Adarsh Gram Yojana
- Sakriya Panchayat
- Skill Development
- Smart Cities
- Sporty India
- Swachh Bharat (Clean India)
- Tribal Development
- Watershed Management
- Youth for Nation-Building
National Earth System Sciences Awards
Recognising the importance of strong coupling among various components of Earth, viz. Atmosphere, Oceans, Cryo-sphere and Geo-sphere, vide Presidential Notification dated 12th July ...
Recognising the importance of strong coupling among various components of Earth, viz. Atmosphere, Oceans, Cryo-sphere and Geo-sphere, vide Presidential Notification dated 12th July 2006, Ministry of Ocean Development was reorganized as Ministry of Earth Sciences (MoES) after bringing India Meteorological Department, Indian Institute of Tropical Meteorology, Pune, National Centre for Medium Range Weather Forecasting, Noida and Earthquake Risk Evaluation Centre, Delhi, under it. Subsequently, Earth Commission was constituted in January 2007 and the Earth System Science Organisation (ESSO) was set up in October 2007.
The Earth System Science Organisation (ESSO) operates as an executive arm to implement policies and programmes of the Ministry. It deals with four branches of earth sciences, viz. (i) Ocean Science & Technology (ii) Atmospheric and Climate Science (iii) Geoscience and (iv) Polar Science and Cryosphere. The ESSO has been addressing holistically various aspects relating to earth processes for understanding the variability of earth system and for improving forecast of the weather, climate and hazard.
The ESSO/MoES deals with scientific aspects related to weather, climate and hazards (atmosphere, ocean, solid earth) exploration of resources in high seas including Exclusive Economic Zone (EEZ) of India and scientific investigations in the Polar regions.
In order to provide due recognition and platform to major scientific contributions made by eminent scientists/engineers in various fields of Earth System Science and also considering the need to encourage young researchers for coming into the mainstream of Earth System Science, the ESSO has instituted the National Earth SystemSciences Awards.
The National Earth System Sciences Awards shall be given on the occasion of Earth Sciences Foundation Day Celebrations ie. 27th July every year.
Any citizen of India who is a professionally qualified scientists/engineer/technologist/ academician with significant contribution in any field of Earth Sciences is eligible.
Nominations are invited for National Earth System Sciences Awards for 01 Life Time Excellence Award, 04 National Awards and 02 Young Researcher Awards. The Awards shall be given each year. The Life Time Excellence Award carry an award money of Rs.5,00,000/-; National Awards carry an award money of Rs.1,00,000/- each and Young Researcher Award carry an award of Rs.50,000/- each.
The Awards shall be conferred on persons who, in the opinion of the Search-cum-Selection Committees, have made outstanding cobtributions in the particular field of their endeavour with due consideration, to the totality of the achievements of the nominee(s).
The Earth System Sciences Awards shall be given under three categories as stated below :
Life Time Excellence Award in the sphere if Earth System Sciences
National Awards of Excellence
Young Researcher Award
To know more details and/or to participate, click here.