- Chandigarh UT
- Creative Corner
- Dadra Nagar Haveli UT
- Daman and Diu U.T.
- Department of Administrative Reforms and Public Grievances
- Department of Biotechnology
- Department of Commerce
- Department of Consumer Affairs
- Department of Industrial Policy and Promotion (DIPP)
- Department of Science and Technology
- Department of Telecom
- Digital India
- Economic Affairs
- Ek Bharat Shreshtha Bharat
- Energy Conservation
- Expenditure Management Commission
- Food Security
- Girl Child Education
- Government Advertisements
- Green India
- Incredible India!
- India Textiles
- Indian Railways
- Job Creation
- Mann Ki Baat
- Manual Scavenging-Free India
- Ministry for Development of North Eastern Region
- Ministry of Agriculture and Farmers Welfare
- Ministry of Chemicals and Fertilizers
- Ministry of Civil Aviation
- Ministry of Coal
- Ministry of Corporate Affairs
- Ministry of Culture
- Ministry of Defence
- Ministry of Earth Sciences
- Ministry of Education
- Ministry of External Affairs
- Ministry of Health and Family Welfare
- Ministry of Home Affairs
- Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs
- Ministry of Information and Broadcasting
- Ministry of Jal Shakti
- Ministry of Law and Justice
- Ministry of Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises (MSME)
- Ministry of Petroleum and Natural Gas
- Ministry of Power
- Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment
- Ministry of Statistics and Programme Implementation
- Ministry of Steel
- Ministry of Women and Child Development
- MyGov Move - Volunteer
- New Education Policy
- New India Championship
- NITI Aayog
- NRIs for India’s Growth
- Open Forum
- Revenue and GST
- Rural Development
- Saansad Adarsh Gram Yojana
- Sakriya Panchayat
- Skill Development
- Smart Cities
- Sporty India
- Swachh Bharat (Clean India)
- Tribal Development
- Watershed Management
- Youth for Nation-Building
Name and Logo Contest for Promoting SHG Products
DAY-NULM is a flagship Mission under the Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs, to reduce poverty and vulnerability of the urban poor households by enabling them to access gainful ...
DAY-NULM is a flagship Mission under the Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs, to reduce poverty and vulnerability of the urban poor households by enabling them to access gainful self-employment and skilled wage employment opportunities, resulting in an appreciable improvement in their livelihoods on a sustainable basis, through building strong grassroots level institutions of the poor. The Mission envisages mobilisation of urban poor households into Self-Help Groups (SHGs) and their federations, at the grass-root level. It is believed that mobilisation of urban poor households to form their own institutions is an important investment for an effective and sustainable poverty reduction.
SHGs are primarily groups of 10 to 20 women, who conduct regular meetings and collect contributions for a corpus fund, which is used for short-term inter-lending among members. Many of these SHGs are engaged in the production of goods such as handicrafts, textiles, masks, toys, food products such as idli dough, papad, pickle and so on. The products made by SHG members compete with branded/ market-established products in terms of quality, packages and brand promotion. It is felt that the absence of a common ‘Logo and Brand Name’ these products, is becoming a major impediment in marketing and advertising and reaching to all the consumers in a cost-effective manner.
In the above background, Mission envisages promoting the goods made by SHGs through a common Brand Name and Logo. It is expected that this would help the SHG products amply their visibility and reach to a wider customer base using the e-Commerce portals like Amazon & Flipkart.
Mission, therefore, intends to invite citizens to suggest a ‘Brand Name with Logo’ for the SHG products, which represents the spirit of women empowerment in addition to the activities as described above. The following points should be kept in mind while making suggestions:
• The name should be acceptable across various geographies and should not harm any regional sensitivities.
• The suggested names should preferably be in Hindi or Sanskrit. It can be a stand-alone single-syllable name or an acronym, which can be expanded to a larger name.
Prize: Rs. 51,000 to the winning entry.
The last date of submission is January 31, 2021
Click here to read the Terms & Conditions.