- Chandigarh UT
- Creative Corner
- Dadra Nagar Haveli UT
- Daman and Diu U.T.
- Department of Administrative Reforms and Public Grievances
- Department of Biotechnology
- Department of Commerce
- Department of Consumer Affairs
- Department of Industrial Policy and Promotion (DIPP)
- Department of Science and Technology
- Department of Telecom
- Digital India
- Economic Affairs
- Ek Bharat Shreshtha Bharat
- Energy Conservation
- Expenditure Management Commission
- Food Security
- Girl Child Education
- Government Advertisements
- Green India
- Healthy India
- Incredible India!
- India Textiles
- Indian Railways
- Job Creation
- Mann Ki Baat
- Manual Scavenging-Free India
- Ministry for Development of North Eastern Region
- Ministry of Agriculture and Farmers Welfare
- Ministry of Chemicals and Fertilizers
- Ministry of Civil Aviation
- Ministry of Coal
- Ministry of Corporate Affairs
- Ministry of Culture
- Ministry of Defence
- Ministry of Earth Sciences
- Ministry of Education
- Ministry of External Affairs
- Ministry of Home Affairs
- Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs
- Ministry of Information and Broadcasting
- Ministry of Jal Shakti
- Ministry of Law and Justice
- Ministry of Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises (MSME)
- Ministry of Petroleum and Natural Gas
- Ministry of Power
- Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment
- Ministry of Statistics and Programme Implementation
- Ministry of Steel
- Ministry of Women and Child Development
- MyGov Move - Volunteer
- New Education Policy
- New India Championship
- NITI Aayog
- NRIs for India’s Growth
- Open Forum
- Revenue and GST
- Rural Development
- Saansad Adarsh Gram Yojana
- Sakriya Panchayat
- Skill Development
- Smart Cities
- Sporty India
- Swachh Bharat (Clean India)
- Tribal Development
- Watershed Management
- Youth for Nation-Building
Logo Design Contest for National Biodiversity Authority
"The selected logo/mark is intended to be used as a mark on products to certify that the manufacturer have complied with 'Access and Benefit Sharing' (ABS) obligations under Indian ...
"The selected logo/mark is intended to be used as a mark on products to certify that the manufacturer have complied with 'Access and Benefit Sharing' (ABS) obligations under Indian law. Thus the participants shall submit a design which is capable of being used as a mark on products"
National Biodiversity Authority (NBA), a statutory body under Ministry of Environment Forest &Climate Change was established by the Central Government in 2003 to implement the provisions of the Biological Diversity Act, 2002. Its headquarters is situated in Chennai, Tamil Nadu. As a Statutory Body, NBA performs facilitative, regulatory and advisory functions for the Government of India on issues of conservation, sustainable use of biological resources and fair and equitable sharing of benefits arising out of the use of biological resources. NBA regulates activities like research, commercial utilization, bio-survey and bio-utilization of biological resources and/or associated knowledge occurring in India. It also grants approval for persons seeking Intellectual property rights for inventions based on Indian biological resources or associated knowledge. Thus, companies, institutions and individuals that access biological resources and/or associated knowledge for developing products and obtaining patents shall seek NBA approval before undertaking such activities. At the time of granting approval, NBA would insist that a certain percentage of the profit that the company or individual reaps shall be shared with NBA. The benefits shared in such a manner would be used for conservation and promotion of biodiversity, incentivising communities involved in conservation of the resource and socio economic development of areas from where the resource was accessed. NBA is now planning to develop a logo/ mark which the companies or individuals can affix on their product for which they have obtained approval from NBA. Further details with respect to National Biodiversity Authority may be seen at the website http://nbaindia.org/ In this regard, NBA invites entries for the logo contest.
Participants are required to conceptualize and design a mark/logo such that-
1. The mark be distinctive and may convey the three objectives of the Biological Diversity Act, 2002, namely – conservation of biological diversity, sustainable use of its components and fair and equitable sharing of benefits arising out of its utilization.
2. The mark shall dignify the concept of ‘Access and Benefit Sharing (ABS)’ which denotes the equitable sharing of benefits by the users (Companies/Institutions/Industry) to the providers (Communities/Farmers/Traditional Knowledge Holders) of biological resources.
3. The mark can be used by companies to advertise that their product is based on a biological resource and/ or associated knowledge from India.
4. The mark will be certifying that the particular product on which it is affixed is complying with ‘Access and Benefit Sharing (ABS)’ requirements under Indian law.
5. Consumers can choose products with this mark and can be assured that the product was manufactured using biological resources and/or associated knowledge from India and that it has met the ABS requirements under Indian law.
The Designer of the finally selected Logo will get a prize of Rs. 50,000/- (Rupees fifty thousand only) and would be required to give copyright of the design to National Biodiversity Authority. (The prize money will be payable after deduction of TDS).
The last date for accepting entries is 21st January, 2019 till 06.00PM.
Click here to read Terms and Condition
For any queries write to:
Technical Officer (IPR)