- Chandigarh UT
- Creative Corner
- Dadra Nagar Haveli UT
- Daman and Diu U.T.
- Department of Administrative Reforms and Public Grievances
- Department of Biotechnology
- Department of Commerce
- Department of Consumer Affairs
- Department of Industrial Policy and Promotion (DIPP)
- Department of Science and Technology
- Department of Telecom
- Digital India
- Economic Affairs
- Ek Bharat Shreshtha Bharat
- Energy Conservation
- Expenditure Management Commission
- Food Security
- Girl Child Education
- Government Advertisements
- Green India
- Healthy India
- Incredible India!
- India Textiles
- Indian Railways
- Job Creation
- Mann Ki Baat
- Manual Scavenging-Free India
- Ministry for Development of North Eastern Region
- Ministry of Agriculture and Farmers Welfare
- Ministry of Chemicals and Fertilizers
- Ministry of Civil Aviation
- Ministry of Coal
- Ministry of Corporate Affairs
- Ministry of Culture
- Ministry of Defence
- Ministry of Earth Sciences
- Ministry of Education
- Ministry of External Affairs
- Ministry of Home Affairs
- Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs
- Ministry of Information and Broadcasting
- Ministry of Jal Shakti
- Ministry of Law and Justice
- Ministry of Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises (MSME)
- Ministry of Petroleum and Natural Gas
- Ministry of Power
- Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment
- Ministry of Statistics and Programme Implementation
- Ministry of Steel
- Ministry of Women and Child Development
- MyGov Move - Volunteer
- New Education Policy
- New India Championship
- NITI Aayog
- NRIs for India’s Growth
- Open Forum
- Revenue and GST
- Rural Development
- Saansad Adarsh Gram Yojana
- Sakriya Panchayat
- Skill Development
- Smart Cities
- Sporty India
- Swachh Bharat (Clean India)
- Tribal Development
- Watershed Management
- Youth for Nation-Building
Logo and Tagline Contest for PM WANI Wi-Fi Access Network Interface
Department of Telecom (DoT) Ministry of Communications is the nodal agency to proliferate Broadband through Public Wi-Fi networks under the framework of Prime Minister’s Wi-Fi ...
Department of Telecom (DoT) Ministry of Communications is the nodal agency to proliferate Broadband through Public Wi-Fi networks under the framework of Prime Minister’s Wi-Fi Access Network Interface (PM-WANI) which was approved by Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi on 9th December 2020. This framework takes forward the goal of National Digital Communications Policy, 2018 (NDCP) of creating a robust digital communications infrastructure. The PM-WANI framework envisages provision of Broadband through Public Wi-Fi Hotspot providers and will consist of the following elements:
• Public Data Office (PDO), which will establish, maintain, and operate PM-WANI compliant Wi-Fi Access Points and provide last-mile connectivity to deliver Broadband services to subscribers by procuring internet bandwidth from telecom service providers and/ or internet service providers;
• Public Data Office Aggregator (PDOA), which will provide aggregation services such as authorization and accounting to PDOs, thereby facilitating PDOs in providing services to the end consumer;
• App Provider, who will develop an Application to register users and ‘discover’ and display PM-WANI compliant Wi-Fi hotspots in the proximity for accessing the internet service and also authenticate the potential Broadband users;
• A Central Registry, which will maintain the details of App Providers, PDOAs, and PDOs. To begin with, the Central Registry will be maintained by the Centre for Development of Telematics (C-DoT).
The potential user who wants to access Broadband through Public Wi-Fi will need to download the relevant App, get authenticated, and thereafter access Broadband at any Public Wi-Fi Hotspot. When the user reaches a Public Wi-Fi Hotspot, the App on the mobile phone will show various available networks. The user can then choose the Public Wi-Fi network of choice, pay an amount – either online or through voucher – and use the network till the balance is exhausted.
It is expected that with Public Wi-Fi Broadband, the user experience and Quality of Service for Broadband will be improved significantly. This service will be especially useful in rural areas where Public Wi-Fi Hotspots are also being created under BharatNet. The proliferation of Public Wi-Fi Hotspots will lead to increased employment for small and micro-entrepreneurs, and provide them with an additional source of income.
In view of the mass Broadband access across the country, Department of Telecom, Ministry of Communications invites citizens to design a logo and suggest a tagline for PM-WANI to represent the spirit of the activities as described above.
Prize: INR 25,000/- to the winning entry for each Logo and Tagline.
The last date of Submission is 28th December 2020.
Click here to read the Terms & Conditions.