- Chandigarh UT
- Creative Corner
- Dadra Nagar Haveli UT
- Daman and Diu U.T.
- Department of Administrative Reforms and Public Grievances
- Department of Biotechnology
- Department of Commerce
- Department of Consumer Affairs
- Department of Industrial Policy and Promotion (DIPP)
- Department of Science and Technology
- Department of Telecom
- Digital India
- Economic Affairs
- Ek Bharat Shreshtha Bharat
- Energy Conservation
- Expenditure Management Commission
- Food Security
- Girl Child Education
- Government Advertisements
- Green India
- Incredible India!
- India Textiles
- Indian Railways
- Job Creation
- Mann Ki Baat
- Manual Scavenging-Free India
- Ministry for Development of North Eastern Region
- Ministry of Agriculture and Farmers Welfare
- Ministry of Chemicals and Fertilizers
- Ministry of Civil Aviation
- Ministry of Coal
- Ministry of Corporate Affairs
- Ministry of Culture
- Ministry of Defence
- Ministry of Earth Sciences
- Ministry of Education
- Ministry of External Affairs
- Ministry of Health and Family Welfare
- Ministry of Home Affairs
- Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs
- Ministry of Information and Broadcasting
- Ministry of Jal Shakti
- Ministry of Law and Justice
- Ministry of Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises (MSME)
- Ministry of Petroleum and Natural Gas
- Ministry of Power
- Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment
- Ministry of Statistics and Programme Implementation
- Ministry of Steel
- Ministry of Women and Child Development
- MyGov Move - Volunteer
- New Education Policy
- New India Championship
- NITI Aayog
- NRIs for India’s Growth
- Open Forum
- Revenue and GST
- Rural Development
- Saansad Adarsh Gram Yojana
- Sakriya Panchayat
- Skill Development
- Smart Cities
- Sporty India
- Swachh Bharat (Clean India)
- Tribal Development
- Watershed Management
- Youth for Nation-Building
Suno Maa Ki Kahaani - a Story-Sharing Contest on Occasion of Mother’s Day
Ministry of Women & Child Development is organizing a story sharing contest on the occasion of Mother’s Day under the Beti Bachao Beti Padhao Scheme: ...
Ministry of Women & Child Development is organizing a story sharing contest on the occasion of Mother’s Day under the Beti Bachao Beti Padhao Scheme:
About the Contest
Name: Suno Maa Ki Kahaani
Hashtag: #SunoMaaKiKahaani; #BetiBachaoBetiPadhao; #WCDMin4Women
Last Date: 6th June 2016
Mode of Submission: Video (60 second duration) / Write-up (maximum 200 words)
Mother's Day is a celebration honouring the mother of the family, maternal bonds, and the influence of mothers in society. This day is celebrated on the second Sunday of May every year and is an occasion to show your affection, respect and care towards your mother.
In the spirit of celebrating Mother’s day, Ministry of Women and Child Development, Government of India is organizing a Contest inviting stories about mothers. The Contest shall commence from 8th May, 2016 for a month long duration, ending on 6th June, 2016.
The concept of this campaign is to promote the idea of children sharing anecdotes/ stories about their mother who has defied gender stereotypes, raised her voice against gender discrimination and championed the cause of gender equality and empowerment. This story should have left a long lasting impact and consequently led to a change in the mindset of her family and/or the community at large. The premise is based on the fact that relationship with mother is one of the closest and may be a strong influencer in shaping behaviours and attitudes of her children. A mother is also a source of inspiration and a role model for her children. When an anecdote/story is narrated about a mother, it can be used as a catalyst to bring about a positive change in societal mindset. This may further lead to a more gender sensitive society which recognizes the contributions of a mother, in particular and women, in general.
The objective of the contest is to engage with larger audience through sharing of stories about mothers, thereby encouraging inter-generational dialogue, sensitizing men and boys, being a role model for an empowered daughter. This also creates an opportunity for open conversations against gender discrimination, inequality and dis-empowerment, which in turn leads to a positive mindset change in the society.
Some of the suggested themes are gender equality and empowerment, gender discrimination, sexual harassment, domestic violence, social evils like dowry and early marriage and so on.
To view some of the testimonial examples, please visit the links given below:
Watch the story of Smt Maneka Sanjay Gandhi, Minster, WCD here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g92ykFOv-jw
Let’s Salute and Celebrate every Mother not just on this Mother’s Day but throughout the year.
• The top 2 winning video based stories will be awarded Rs.2,500/- each.
• The top 5 text based stories will be awarded Rs. 1,000/- each.
Please click here for more information on Terms and conditions, Technical Parameters and Evaluation Criteria.