- Chandigarh UT
- Creative Corner
- Dadra Nagar Haveli UT
- Daman and Diu U.T.
- Department of Administrative Reforms and Public Grievances
- Department of Biotechnology
- Department of Commerce
- Department of Consumer Affairs
- Department of Industrial Policy and Promotion (DIPP)
- Department of Posts
- Department of Science and Technology
- Department of Telecom
- Digital India
- Economic Affairs
- Ek Bharat Shreshtha Bharat
- Energy Conservation
- Expenditure Management Commission
- Food Security
- Girl Child Education
- Government Advertisements
- Green India
- Incredible India!
- India Textiles
- Indian Railways
- Job Creation
- LiFE-21 Day Challenge
- Mann Ki Baat
- Manual Scavenging-Free India
- Ministry for Development of North Eastern Region
- Ministry of Agriculture and Farmers Welfare
- Ministry of Chemicals and Fertilizers
- Ministry of Civil Aviation
- Ministry of Coal
- Ministry of Corporate Affairs
- Ministry of Culture
- Ministry of Defence
- Ministry of Earth Sciences
- Ministry of Education
- Ministry of Environment, Forest and Climate Change
- Ministry of External Affairs
- Ministry of Health and Family Welfare
- Ministry of Home Affairs
- Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs
- Ministry of Information and Broadcasting
- Ministry of Jal Shakti
- Ministry of Law and Justice
- Ministry of Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises (MSME)
- Ministry of Petroleum and Natural Gas
- Ministry of Power
- Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment
- Ministry of Statistics and Programme Implementation
- Ministry of Steel
- Ministry of Women and Child Development
- MyGov Move - Volunteer
- New Education Policy
- New India Championship
- NITI Aayog
- NRIs for India’s Growth
- Open Forum
- Revenue and GST
- Rural Development
- Saansad Adarsh Gram Yojana
- Sakriya Panchayat
- Skill Development
- Smart Cities
- Sporty India
- Swachh Bharat (Clean India)
- Tribal Development
- Watershed Management
- Youth for Nation-Building
Millets Magic-Share your recipe contest
Millets are collective group of small seeded annual grasses that are grown as grain crops, primarily on marginal land in dry areas of temperate, subtropical and tropical regions. ...
Millets are collective group of small seeded annual grasses that are grown as grain crops, primarily on marginal land in dry areas of temperate, subtropical and tropical regions. Climate Resilient Millets are grown in 131 countries. It is an ancient food grain with the first plant domesticated for food, the earliest evidence of which is found in Indus civilization dating back to 3000 BC. Millets are traditional food for 59 crore people in Asia & Africa.
Millets are coarse grains and a repository of protein, fibre, vitamins and minerals. They include sorghum (Jowar), pearl millet (Bajra), finger millet (Ragi/Mandua) and small millets viz; little millet (Kutki), kodo millet (Kodo), barnyard millet (Sawa/Jhangora), foxtail millet (Kangni/Kakun), proso millet (Cheena) all together comes under Millets which is now called as 'Nutri-Cereals' due to their high nutritive value.
International Year of Millets-2023
The U.N. General Assembly adopted a resolution, sponsored by India and supported by more than 70 countries, declaring 2023 as the International Year of Millets. The resolution is intended to increase public awareness on the health benefits of millets and their suitability for cultivation under tough conditions marked by climate change. Ministry of Agriculture & Famers Welfare would be the nodal ministry for International Year of Millet (IYoM)-2023 celebrations. ln fact, India is now taking the lead in popularizing the theme in a strong manner at the international level through various campaigns.
MyGov along with the Ministry of Agriculture and Farmers Welfare is organizing a recipe contest inviting short videos of millets recipe.
a. Short millets recipe in video format only and provide the link of the video in description box.
b. Duration of the recipe should be 5-10 minutes.
c. Winner shall be required to provide the millets recipe in DVD/Pendrive/email after the declaration.
d. The millets recipe should be usable on every platform of government organization like Radio, TV, Conference, Seminar, Mela etc.
Last Date of Submission is 25th December 2022
Click here for Terms and Condition (PDF 105KB)