- Beti Bachao Beti Padhao
- Chandigarh UT
- Clean Ganga
- Creative Corner
- Dadra Nagar Haveli UT
- Daman and Diu U.T.
- Department of Administrative Reforms and Public Grievances
- Department of Biotechnology
- Department of Commerce
- Department of Consumer Affairs
- Department of Industrial Policy and Promotion (DIPP)
- Department of Pharmaceuticals
- Department of Science and Technology
- Department of Telecom
- Digital India
- Economic Affairs
- Energy Conservation
- Expenditure Management Commission
- Food Security
- Girl Child Education
- Government Advertisements
- Green India
- Healthy India
- Incredible India!
- India Textiles
- Indian Railways
- Job Creation
- Mann Ki Baat
- Manual Scavenging-Free India
- Ministry for Development of North Eastern Region
- Ministry of Agriculture and Farmers Welfare
- Ministry of Civil Aviation
- Ministry of Coal
- Ministry of Corporate Affairs
- Ministry of Culture
- Ministry of Defence
- Ministry of Earth Sciences
- Ministry of External Affairs
- Ministry of Home Affairs
- Ministry of Housing and Urban Poverty Alleviation
- Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD)
- Ministry of Information and Broadcasting
- Ministry of Law and Justice
- Ministry of Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises (MSME)
- Ministry of Petroleum and Natural Gas
- Ministry of Power
- Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment
- Ministry of Statistics and Programme Implementation
- Ministry of Steel
- MyGov Move - Volunteer
- New Education Policy
- New India Championship
- NITI Aayog
- NRIs for India’s Growth
- Open Forum
- Revenue and GST
- Rural Development
- Saansad Adarsh Gram Yojana
- Sakriya Panchayat
- Skill Development
- Smart Cities
- Sporty India
- Swachh Bharat (Clean India)
- Tribal Development
- Watershed Management
- Youth for Nation-Building
Name Contest for Pro Bono Legal Services initiative, Department of Justice & United Nations Development Programme
The term pro bono which is short for “pro bono publico”, a Latin term that means “for the public good”. In practice, the term is used quite specifically in context of the ...
The term pro bono which is short for “pro bono publico”, a Latin term that means “for the public good”. In practice, the term is used quite specifically in context of the legal profession- referring to the practice of giving legal assistance to those unable to represent them for want of money. In India, ‘Pro Bono Legal Service’ as a concept remains an ad hoc, individualized practice lacking an institutional structure.
In order to establish a framework for dispensation of pro bono legal services, the Department of Justice (DoJ), in collaboration with UNDP, launched, in April 2017, a web based initiative (available at doj.gov.in) on consolidating volunteers from the legal fraternity to provide pro bono legal services to those who dearly need legal aid and counsel, but are unable to afford it. Through this portal, litigants from marginalised communities (including members of scheduled castes and scheduled tribes, women, children, senior citizens, persons with low income and persons with disabilities) can also apply for legal aid and advice from the pro bono lawyers.
This is a first time the Government of India has initiated such a programme to encourage the culture of pro bono lawyering in the country, tailored its needs, to undertake the constitutional mandate of free legal aid for all.
In this context, the DoJ and UNDP are also pioneering the work on pro bono legal services by creating a mobile based platform for this initiative. Through this platform, the DoJ intends to connect registered lawyers with eligible litigants in need of legal aid and advices, based on issue specifications and geographical factors.
For this initiative, DoJ is floating a contest for choosing a name for this mobile application.
Some guidelines to keep in mind while framing the name are
a) The name shall be in Hindi or English.
b) It shall be a one word name with a 3-4-word tagline. For example, ‘Vidyanjali – a school volunteer app’
Winner will be awarded a cash prize of Rs. 5000 by the Department of Justice.
Last date for submission of entries is 4th December, 2017, at 05:30PM
Click here to read the Terms and Conditions