- Chandigarh UT
- Creative Corner
- Dadra Nagar Haveli UT
- Daman and Diu U.T.
- Department of Administrative Reforms and Public Grievances
- Department of Biotechnology
- Department of Commerce
- Department of Consumer Affairs
- Department of Industrial Policy and Promotion (DIPP)
- Department of Science and Technology
- Department of Telecom
- Digital India
- Economic Affairs
- Energy Conservation
- Expenditure Management Commission
- Food Security
- Girl Child Education
- Government Advertisements
- Green India
- Healthy India
- Incredible India!
- India Textiles
- Indian Railways
- Job Creation
- Mann Ki Baat
- Manual Scavenging-Free India
- Ministry for Development of North Eastern Region
- Ministry of Agriculture and Farmers Welfare
- Ministry of Chemicals and Fertilizers
- Ministry of Civil Aviation
- Ministry of Coal
- Ministry of Corporate Affairs
- Ministry of Culture
- Ministry of Defence
- Ministry of Earth Sciences
- Ministry of External Affairs
- Ministry of Home Affairs
- Ministry of Housing and Urban Poverty Alleviation
- Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD)
- Ministry of Information and Broadcasting
- Ministry of Law and Justice
- Ministry of Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises (MSME)
- Ministry of Petroleum and Natural Gas
- Ministry of Power
- Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment
- Ministry of Statistics and Programme Implementation
- Ministry of Steel
- Ministry of Water Resources, River Development and Ganga Rejuvenation
- Ministry of Women and Child Development
- MyGov Move - Volunteer
- New Education Policy
- New India Championship
- NITI Aayog
- NRIs for India’s Growth
- Open Forum
- Revenue and GST
- Rural Development
- Saansad Adarsh Gram Yojana
- Sakriya Panchayat
- Skill Development
- Smart Cities
- Sporty India
- Swachh Bharat (Clean India)
- Tribal Development
- Watershed Management
- Youth for Nation-Building
Essay Competition for Chandigarh Smart City - Mere Sapno ka Chandigarh/ Chandigarh of My Dreams
"City Beautiful" Chandigarh invites all its residents to participate in the essay competition for "Smart Chandigarh" initiative. This essay will focus on the issues faced by the ...
"City Beautiful" Chandigarh invites all its residents to participate in the essay competition for "Smart Chandigarh" initiative. This essay will focus on the issues faced by the residents of the city, and the likely smart solutions which can address these issues. The administration will take help from the selected entries to develop a vision statement for the city and will also define city sub goals based on it. The participants should focus on the practical, bankable & implementable ideas/solutions related to Smart City which should match the context of the city.
• The topic of the essay is "Mere sapno ka Chandigarh" (Hindi), Chandigarh of my dreams (English) , Mere Supnayan da Chandigarh" (Punjabi)
• Maximum word limit - 1000 words
• All the essays must be submitted in .pdf (PDF) format
• Residents can submit their essay in - English, Hindi or Punjabi.
• All the residents can participate in this open essay competition on https://mygov.in, except students of government and private schools for which a separate competition will be held through Education Department.
• The essay should have at least following templates -
(a) What is your Vision for Chandigarh as a Smart City ? - e.g. vision of Copenhagen, Denmark is to become "Carbon Neutral by 2025". (maximum 15 words)
(b) What are the main area specific problems and what smart solutions you want to recommend ? (150 words)
(c) What are the main Pan City problems and what pan city based smart solution do you recommend ? (200 words)
(d) Any global/best practices which can be implemented/replicated in Chandigarh ? (200 words)
(e) How will you contribute to your city as a Smart Citizen ? (100 words)
The top 3 essays will be awarded -
1st Prize - Rs 25,000 (Twenty Five Thousand Rupees only)
2nd Prize - Rs 15,000 (Fifteen Thousand Rupees only)
3rd Prize - Rs 10,000 (Ten Thousand Rupees only)
• 50 best entries will be given consolation prize of Rs 500 (Rupees Five Hundred only)
The competition shall be closed on 15th October, 2015.
How to Submit
• All the entries must be submitted online through https://mygov.in. No other medium of submission should be accepted.
Terms and Conditions
• All the participants must clearly mention following details in their essay -
2. Father/Mother name
5. Contact number
• The winner will be chosen on the basis of brevity, originality of the content and ideas and implementable & bankable action points . The decision of Chandigarh Administration on selection of first 3 winners and consolation prize shall be treated as final. No plagiarism will be allowed.
• No government official working under Chandigarh Administration can participate in this essay.
• It will be assumed that whoever is participating in the essay has fully understood the general information and terms-conditions given hereby.
• Chandigarh administration reserves the right to cancel or amend all or any part of the competition and/or the terms/condition without notice.