- Beti Bachao Beti Padhao
- Chandigarh UT
- Clean Ganga
- Creative Corner
- Dadra Nagar Haveli UT
- Daman and Diu U.T.
- Department of Administrative Reforms and Public Grievances
- Department of Biotechnology
- Department of Commerce
- Department of Consumer Affairs
- Department of Industrial Policy and Promotion (DIPP)
- Department of Pharmaceuticals
- Department of Science and Technology
- Department of Telecom
- Digital India
- Economic Affairs
- Energy Conservation
- Expenditure Management Commission
- Food Security
- Girl Child Education
- Government Advertisements
- Green India
- Healthy India
- Incredible India!
- India Textiles
- Indian Railways
- Job Creation
- Mann Ki Baat
- Manual Scavenging-Free India
- Ministry for Development of North Eastern Region
- Ministry of Agriculture and Farmers Welfare
- Ministry of Coal
- Ministry of Corporate Affairs
- Ministry of Culture
- Ministry of Defence
- Ministry of Earth Sciences
- Ministry of External Affairs
- Ministry of Home Affairs
- Ministry of Housing and Urban Poverty Alleviation
- Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD)
- Ministry of Information and Broadcasting
- Ministry of Law and Justice
- Ministry of Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises (MSME)
- Ministry of Petroleum and Natural Gas
- Ministry of Power
- Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment
- Ministry of Statistics and Programme Implementation
- Ministry of Steel
- MyGov Move - Volunteer
- New Education Policy
- New India Championship
- NITI Aayog
- NRIs for India’s Growth
- Open Forum
- Revenue and GST
- Rural Development
- Saansad Adarsh Gram Yojana
- Sakriya Panchayat
- Skill Development
- Smart Cities
- Smart City Awards
- Sporty India
- Swachh Bharat (Clean India)
- Tribal Development
- Watershed Management
- Youth for Nation-Building
Design Competition for Logo for Technology Centre
The Technology Centres and Ministry of MSME calls for a nationwide design competition for Logo through public competition for the development of identity and branding of the ...
The Technology Centres and Ministry of MSME calls for a nationwide design competition for Logo through public competition for the development of identity and branding of the organization capturing and promoting the main value/s of the organization. Accordingly all Resident Indians (Professional artists/ agencies and Non-professionals) are hereby invited to participate in a competition for design of the logo.
Introduction and Background
Ministry of Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises (MSME), Office of the Development Commissioner (MSME) in its endeavour to provide the right stimulus for growth of the industry in the country – particularly with the objective of helping the micro, small and medium enterprises, has established Technology Centres across India, many of them through bilateral collaboration of the Governments of Germany and Denmark and the United Nations. These were earlier known as Tool Rooms and Technology Development Centres. Following is the list of the existing MSME Technology Centres:
1. Central Tool Room & Training Centre (CTTC), Kolkata (www.msmetoolroomkolkata.com)
2. Central Tool Room (CTR), Ludhiana (www.ctrludhiana.com)
3. Indo German Tool Room (IGTR), Indore (www.igtr-indore.com)
4. Indo German Tool Room (IGTR), Ahmadabad (www.igtrahd.com)
5. Indo German Tool Room (IGTR), Aurangabad (www.igtr-aur.org)
6. Indo Danish Tool Room (IDTR), Jamshedpur (www.idtr.gov.in)
7. Central Tool Room & Training Centre (CTTC), Bhubaneswar (www.cttc.gov.in)
8. Tool Room & Training Centre (TRTC), Guwahati (www.trtcguwahati.org)
9. Central Institute of Hand Tools (CIHT), Jalandhar (www.ciht.in)
10. Central Institute of Tool Design (CITD), Hyderabad (www.citdindia.org)
11. Electronics Service & Training Centre (ESTC), Ramnagar (www.estcindia.com)
12. Institute for Design of Electrical Measuring Instruments(IDEMI), Mumbai (www.idemi.org)
13. Fragrance & Flavour Development Centre (FFDC), Kannauj (www.ffdcindia.org)
14. Centre for Development of Glass Industry (CDGI), Firozabad (www.cdgiindia.com)
15. Process & Product Development Centre (PPDC), Agra (www.ppdcagra.in)
16. Process cum Product Development Centre (PPDC), Meerut (www.ppdcmeerut.com)
17. Central Footwear Training Institute (CFTI), Agra (www.cftiagra.org.in)
18. Central Footwear Training Institute (CFTI), Chennai (www.cftichennai.in)
Out of 18 Technology Centres (TCs), the first 10 TCs (earlier known as Tool Rooms) provide tooling, moulds, dies, etc. to the industry. These TCs also provide training in the area of tool and die making. Today, these TCs are highly proficient in mould and die making technology.
The remaining Technology Centres, (earlier known as Technology Development Centres - serial number 11 to 18 in the above list) are product specific Centres to support MSMEs’ catering to specific sectors by rendering technical services to develop and upgrade technologies, processes and products apart from manpower development and training in the specific product groups like Foundry & Forging, Electronics, Electrical Measuring Instruments, Fragrance & Flavour, Glass, Sport Goods, and footwear designing to support these sectors.
Facilities & Services
The facilities of the Technology Centres allow for the design and manufacture of sophisticated tools, parts, components and products in conformity with international standards. The latest hardware and software available at these centres ensure professional design and 3D solid modelling. The production facilities at the Technology Centres offer an array of cutting edge production services to MSMEs including 3D printing.
In addition, these institutes provide technical services such as design of parts and components, materials testing, heat treatment, quality control, and technical consultancy related to the product & process improvement.
The Technology Centres apart from extending design, development & manufacturing support to MSMEs for complex tools, parts and components – many that serve as import substitutes, have also supported the strategic sectors such as aerospace, defence, atomic energy etc. of the country for their R&D requirements.
Please visit the website to know more about the Technology Centres.
Considering the role played by MSME - Technology Centres towards meeting the technological & skilled manpower need of industry specially the MSMEs, the Ministry is implementing the programme titled “Technology Centre Systems Programme (TCSP)” for expanding and upgrading the network of Technology Centres through establishing new 15 Technology Centres and upgrading the existing TCs to meet the ever growing need of MSME sector for technological up gradation and skilled manpower.
Multiple Brand and Logos in practice
Today all the TCs are operating under different brand names and logo, hence not able to take benefits of its size and combined strength despite being operating under single M/o MSME.
Benefits of Unified Brand/Logo for Technology Centre:
• This will help in TCs combining their strengths, areas of specialisation and relationship to further help and support MSME units across the country.
• A common brand will also help the TCs to engage with OEMs/PSUs and MNCs in their production planning and forging consortium of MSME units across the country to serve the same.
• Increasing acceptance by the user sector at national and international level given the common performance, objective and outreach to the sector.
The last date of submission is 16th August, 2016.
The selected entry will be awarded a prize of Rs. 30,000/-.