- Chandigarh UT
- Creative Corner
- Dadra Nagar Haveli UT
- Daman and Diu U.T.
- Department of Administrative Reforms and Public Grievances
- Department of Biotechnology
- Department of Commerce
- Department of Consumer Affairs
- Department of Industrial Policy and Promotion (DIPP)
- Department of Science and Technology
- Department of Telecom
- Digital India
- Economic Affairs
- Energy Conservation
- Expenditure Management Commission
- Food Security
- Girl Child Education
- Government Advertisements
- Green India
- Healthy India
- Incredible India!
- India Textiles
- Indian Railways
- Job Creation
- Mann Ki Baat
- Manual Scavenging-Free India
- Ministry for Development of North Eastern Region
- Ministry of Agriculture and Farmers Welfare
- Ministry of Chemicals and Fertilizers
- Ministry of Civil Aviation
- Ministry of Coal
- Ministry of Corporate Affairs
- Ministry of Culture
- Ministry of Defence
- Ministry of Earth Sciences
- Ministry of External Affairs
- Ministry of Home Affairs
- Ministry of Housing and Urban Poverty Alleviation
- Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD)
- Ministry of Information and Broadcasting
- Ministry of Law and Justice
- Ministry of Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises (MSME)
- Ministry of Petroleum and Natural Gas
- Ministry of Power
- Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment
- Ministry of Statistics and Programme Implementation
- Ministry of Steel
- Ministry of Water Resources, River Development and Ganga Rejuvenation
- Ministry of Women and Child Development
- MyGov Move - Volunteer
- New Education Policy
- New India Championship
- NITI Aayog
- NRIs for India’s Growth
- Open Forum
- Revenue and GST
- Rural Development
- Saansad Adarsh Gram Yojana
- Sakriya Panchayat
- Skill Development
- Smart Cities
- Sporty India
- Swachh Bharat (Clean India)
- Tribal Development
- Watershed Management
- Youth for Nation-Building
Ministry of Water Resources, River Development and Ganga Rejuvenation
The Ministry of Water Resources is responsible for laying down policy guidelines and programmes for the development and regulation of country's water resources. The Ministry has been allocated the following functions:-
1.Overall planning, policy formulation, coordination and guidance in the water resources sector.
2.Technical guidance, scrutiny, clearance and monitoring of the irrigation, flood control and multi-purpose
3.General infrastructural, technical and research support for development.
4.Providing special Central Financial Assistance for specific projects and assistance in obtaining External
Finance from World Bank and other agencies.
5.Overall policy formulation, planning and guidance in respect of Minor Irrigation and Command Area
Development, administration and monitoring of the Centrally Sponsored Schemes and promotion of
Participatory Irrigation Management.
6.Overall planning for the development of Ground Water Resources, establishment of utilizable resources and
formulation of policies for exploitation, overseeing of and support to State level activities in ground
7.Formulation of national water development perspective and the determination of the water balance of
different basins/sub-basins for consideration of possibilities of inter-basin transfers.
8.Coordination, mediation and facilitation in regard to the resolution of differences or disputes relating to
Inter-State Rivers and in some instances overseeing of implementation of inter-state projects.
9.Operation of the central network for flood forecasting and warning on inter-state rivers, provision of
central assistance for some State Schemes in special cases and preparation of flood control master plans
for rivers Ganga and Brahmaputra.
10.Talks and negotiations with neighboring countries, with regard to river waters, water resources
development projects and the operation of the Indus Water Treaty.
11.Ensure effective abatement of pollution and rejuvenation of the river Ganga by adopting a river basin
approach to promote inter-sectoral co-ordination for comprehensive planning and management.