- Chandigarh UT
- Creative Corner
- Dadra Nagar Haveli UT
- Daman and Diu U.T.
- Department of Administrative Reforms and Public Grievances
- Department of Biotechnology
- Department of Commerce
- Department of Consumer Affairs
- Department of Industrial Policy and Promotion (DIPP)
- Department of Science and Technology
- Department of Telecom
- Digital India
- Economic Affairs
- Energy Conservation
- Expenditure Management Commission
- Food Security
- Girl Child Education
- Government Advertisements
- Green India
- Healthy India
- Incredible India!
- India Textiles
- Indian Railways
- Job Creation
- Mann Ki Baat
- Manual Scavenging-Free India
- Ministry for Development of North Eastern Region
- Ministry of Agriculture and Farmers Welfare
- Ministry of Chemicals and Fertilizers
- Ministry of Civil Aviation
- Ministry of Coal
- Ministry of Corporate Affairs
- Ministry of Culture
- Ministry of Defence
- Ministry of Earth Sciences
- Ministry of External Affairs
- Ministry of Home Affairs
- Ministry of Housing and Urban Poverty Alleviation
- Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD)
- Ministry of Information and Broadcasting
- Ministry of Law and Justice
- Ministry of Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises (MSME)
- Ministry of Petroleum and Natural Gas
- Ministry of Power
- Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment
- Ministry of Statistics and Programme Implementation
- Ministry of Steel
- Ministry of Water Resources, River Development and Ganga Rejuvenation
- Ministry of Women and Child Development
- MyGov Move - Volunteer
- New Education Policy
- New India Championship
- NITI Aayog
- NRIs for India’s Growth
- Open Forum
- Revenue and GST
- Rural Development
- Saansad Adarsh Gram Yojana
- Sakriya Panchayat
- Skill Development
- Smart Cities
- Sporty India
- Swachh Bharat (Clean India)
- Tribal Development
- Watershed Management
- Youth for Nation-Building
TRAI Invites Suggestions for Consultation Note on Solution Architecture for Technical Interoperable Set Top Box
The digital TV broadcasting services are received by subscriber using a Set Top Box (STB), connected with the TV set. The STB receives TV signals from distribution network and ...
The digital TV broadcasting services are received by subscriber using a Set Top Box (STB), connected with the TV set. The STB receives TV signals from distribution network and decodes them into viewable form for TV set. STB enables the subscriber to view only those TV channels which he has subscribed.
Presently the STBs deployed in the network are non-interoperable, i.e. the same STB cannot be used interchangeably across the different service providers. The lack of interoperability of STBs between different service providers has not only compromised the competition in the Pay-TV market but also a major hindrance to technological innovation, improvement in service quality, and sector growth.
TRAI is in the process of laying down a framework of interoperable STBs. With this framework, the subscriber would be able to change its service provider without any need to re-invest in the new STB. The Center for Development of Telematics (C-DOT), the telecom technology development centre of the Government of India, in close coordination with TRAI, has developed solution architecture for interoperable STB. The framework ensures that existing STBs deployed in the networks will continue to work without any interruption.
Through this consultation note, TRAI presents the solution architecture for technically interoperable STB to concerned stakeholders for seeking their comments on proposed solution. Further, through this consultation note, TRAI has also invited stakeholders to participate in the proposed workshop and pilot project for implementation and testing of STB interoperability.
The consultation note along with solution architecture document can be viewed here.
Stakeholders are requested to provide their written comments on the proposed solution architecture for technical interoperable STB by 25th August 2017, midnight.