- Chandigarh UT
- Creative Corner
- Dadra Nagar Haveli UT
- Daman and Diu U.T.
- Department of Administrative Reforms and Public Grievances
- Department of Biotechnology
- Department of Commerce
- Department of Consumer Affairs
- Department of Industrial Policy and Promotion (DIPP)
- Department of Posts
- Department of Science and Technology
- Department of Telecom
- Digital India
- Economic Affairs
- Ek Bharat Shreshtha Bharat
- Energy Conservation
- Expenditure Management Commission
- Food Security
- Girl Child Education
- Government Advertisements
- Green India
- Incredible India!
- India Textiles
- Indian Railways
- Job Creation
- LiFE-21 Day Challenge
- Mann Ki Baat
- Manual Scavenging-Free India
- Ministry for Development of North Eastern Region
- Ministry of Agriculture and Farmers Welfare
- Ministry of Chemicals and Fertilizers
- Ministry of Civil Aviation
- Ministry of Coal
- Ministry of Corporate Affairs
- Ministry of Culture
- Ministry of Defence
- Ministry of Earth Sciences
- Ministry of Education
- Ministry of Environment, Forest and Climate Change
- Ministry of External Affairs
- Ministry of Health and Family Welfare
- Ministry of Home Affairs
- Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs
- Ministry of Information and Broadcasting
- Ministry of Jal Shakti
- Ministry of Law and Justice
- Ministry of Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises (MSME)
- Ministry of Petroleum and Natural Gas
- Ministry of Power
- Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment
- Ministry of Statistics and Programme Implementation
- Ministry of Steel
- Ministry of Women and Child Development
- MyGov Move - Volunteer
- New Education Policy
- New India Championship
- NITI Aayog
- NRIs for India’s Growth
- Open Forum
- Revenue and GST
- Rural Development
- Saansad Adarsh Gram Yojana
- Sakriya Panchayat
- Skill Development
- Smart Cities
- Sporty India
- Swachh Bharat (Clean India)
- Tribal Development
- Watershed Management
- Youth for Nation-Building
Suggest a Theme for International Day of Yoga 2023
Recognising the universal appeal of Yoga, owing to its demonstrated benefits towards immunity building and stress relief, the United Nations General Assembly (UNGA) on 11th ...
Recognising the universal appeal of Yoga, owing to its demonstrated benefits towards immunity building and stress relief, the United Nations General Assembly (UNGA) on 11th December 2014 proclaimed 21st June as the International Day of Yoga (IDY). Since 2015, this day has been observed to remind people across the globe about the benefits of Yoga and build public interest in Yoga by highlighting its importance and contributions to public health.
The preparations for the 9th International Day of Yoga (IDY2023) have already begun, and the Ministry of Ayush (MoA) is looking forward to active participation from the citizens.
Every year IDY is observed with a theme. The themes of the previous years are given below:
Sl. No.Year Theme
1. 2015 Yoga for Harmony and Peace
2. 2016 Yoga for the achievement of the Sustainable Development Goals
3. 2017 Yoga for Health
4. 2018 Yoga for Peace
5. 2019 Yoga for Heart
6. 2020 Yoga at Home Yoga with Family
7. 2021 Yoga for Wellness
8. 2022 Yoga for Humanity
With this backdrop, MoA invites all citizens to share their ideas on how to observe the 9th IDY with a theme. Name the theme and describe how to celebrate this IDY keeping the theme in mind.
Last Date of Submission is 31st March 2023.
विश्व स्वास्थ्य योगा.
Yoga may boost immunity
Chronic stress negatively effects your immune system (21Trusted Source).
When your immunity is compromised, you’re more susceptible to illness. However, as discussed earlier, yoga is considered a scientifically backed alternative treatment for stress.
The research is still evolving, but some studies have found a distinct link between practicing yoga (especially consistently over the long term) and better immune system functioning.
Yoga may improve quality of life
The World Health Organization defines quality of life (QOL) as “an individual’s perception of their position in life in the context of the culture and value systems in which they live and in relation to their goals, expectations, standards and concerns” (18Trusted Source).
Some factors that affect QOL are relationships, creativity, learning opportunities, health, and material comforts.
For decades, researchers have viewed QOL as an important predictor of people’s longevity and patients’ likelihood of improvement when treated for a chronic illness or injury (19Trusted Source).
Yoga will likely increase your strength
While most people associate yoga with stretching and flexibility, some types of yoga classes can also be considered strength-building. It just depends on the class level, approach, and teacher. This makes yoga asana a multimodal form of exercise (4Trusted Source).
Yoga’s effectiveness at building strength has been studied in several specific contexts — for instance, as it pertains to people with breast cancer, older adults, and children (4Trusted Source, 12, 13Trusted Source).Another study conducted on air force personnel found yoga to be an effective strength-building practice across many age groups of healthy participants (14Trusted Source).
6. Yoga may reduce anxietThe Anxiety and Depression Association of America recently stated that anxiety disorders may be the most common mental health disorders in the United States (15).There are a number of different anxiety disorders, such as generalized anxiety disorder, social anxiety, and spe
Yoga may reduce inflammation
Often, the precursor to illness is chronic inflammation. Heart disease, diabetes, arthritis, Crohn’s disease, and many other conditions are linked to prolonged inflammation (10Trusted Source).
oga helps with stress relief
The American Psychological Association recently shared that 84% of American adults are feeling the impact of prolonged stress .
So, it makes sense that the second most cited reason people selected as to why they do yoga was to relieve stress. Thankfully, the science supports that yoga, and especially asana, is excellent at reducing stress
हर वो चीज जो आसानी से समझ आ जाए उसकी सफलता को कोई नहीं रोक सकता।
आज योग की परिभाषा को कठीन बना कर जनता में प्रस्तुत किया जा रहा है,लोग यह तो मानते हैं कि योग शरीर के लिए आवशक है,किंतु उसे सीखना होगा।
मेरा मानना है, कि इंसान अपने शरीर को किसी भी प्रकार चलायमान रखे वही योग है।
इंसान अपने क्रिया कलाप सामान्य व पुराने तरीके से करे वह योग बन जाता है।
जैसे कुएं या नल से पानी खींच कर नहाना,
पेड़ से दातून तोड़ कर दांत साफ करना,खेलना कूदना आदि।
मेरा आपसे निवेदन है कि बेसिक स्तर से ही खेल को अनिवार्य विषय बना दो।
जो स्वतः योग में परिवार्तित हो जायेगा।
प्रणाम सर जी
Yoga relaxes you, to help you sleep better.
Research shows that a consistent bedtime yoga routine can help you get in the right mindset and prepare your body to fall asleep and stay asleep.
Yoga benefits heart health.
Regular yoga practice may reduce levels of stress and body-wide inflammation, contributing to healthier hearts. Several of the factors contributing to heart disease, including high blood pressure and excess weight, can also be addressed through yoga.
Yoga can ease arthritis symptoms.
Gentle yoga has been shown to ease some of the discomfort of tender, swollen joints for people with arthritis, according to a Johns Hopkins review of 11 recent studies.