- Chandigarh UT
- Creative Corner
- Dadra Nagar Haveli UT
- Daman and Diu U.T.
- Department of Administrative Reforms and Public Grievances
- Department of Biotechnology
- Department of Commerce
- Department of Consumer Affairs
- Department of Industrial Policy and Promotion (DIPP)
- Department of Science and Technology
- Department of Telecom
- Digital India
- Economic Affairs
- Ek Bharat Shreshtha Bharat
- Energy Conservation
- Expenditure Management Commission
- Food Security
- Girl Child Education
- Government Advertisements
- Green India
- Healthy India
- Incredible India!
- India Textiles
- Indian Railways
- Job Creation
- Mann Ki Baat
- Manual Scavenging-Free India
- Ministry for Development of North Eastern Region
- Ministry of Agriculture and Farmers Welfare
- Ministry of Chemicals and Fertilizers
- Ministry of Civil Aviation
- Ministry of Coal
- Ministry of Corporate Affairs
- Ministry of Culture
- Ministry of Defence
- Ministry of Earth Sciences
- Ministry of External Affairs
- Ministry of Home Affairs
- Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs
- Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD)
- Ministry of Information and Broadcasting
- Ministry of Law and Justice
- Ministry of Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises (MSME)
- Ministry of Petroleum and Natural Gas
- Ministry of Power
- Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment
- Ministry of Statistics and Programme Implementation
- Ministry of Steel
- Ministry of Water Resources, River Development and Ganga Rejuvenation
- Ministry of Women and Child Development
- MyGov Move - Volunteer
- New Education Policy
- New India Championship
- NITI Aayog
- NRIs for India’s Growth
- Open Forum
- Revenue and GST
- Rural Development
- Saansad Adarsh Gram Yojana
- Sakriya Panchayat
- Skill Development
- Smart Cities
- Sporty India
- Swachh Bharat (Clean India)
- Tribal Development
- Watershed Management
- Youth for Nation-Building
How to Control Growth of Heavy Vehicular Traffic & Traffic Safety in UT of Dadra & Nagar Haveli?
Dadra & Nagar Haveli is well connected by road and Rail with rest of the country. The NH-8 provides the major road connectivity to the study area. With rapid Urbanization and ...
Dadra & Nagar Haveli is well connected by road and Rail with rest of the country. The NH-8 provides the major road connectivity to the study area. With rapid Urbanization and industrial growth in Dadra & Nagar Haveli UT, the population and vehicles have increased rapidly in the recent past years. This resulted in traffic congestion in the urban areas. UT Administration has frequently initiated steps for betterment of heavy vehicular traffic plying in this UT and having appreciated the existing problems and constraints felt that there is a strong need for improvement of Infrastructure in Road Sector in a planned manner to meet the growing demand.
The Report provides information about the regulatory and economic context in which the Territory’s heavy vehicle industrial traffic operates. It addresses forecasts of future vehicle traffic and measures in place to manage heavy vehicle safety issues within the urban area of this UT of Dadra & Nagar Haveli. The Taskforce has used the information gathered to assess potential risks and identify opportunities to improve road safety outcomes for all road users in UT of Dadra & Nagar Haveli.
The term traffic safety refers to the risk of a person being killed or seriously injured while using the traffic network as a pedestrian, cyclist or user of public or private transport. The importance of traffic safety is obvious; traffic accounts for many deaths and injuries. According to the traffic department of UT, road traffic injuries caused an estimated 50 -60 deaths UT wide in a year. Measures can be taken in order to reduce the number of casualties and injuries greatly.
Most industrialized States & UTs have comprehensive requirements and specifications for safety-related vehicle devices, systems, design, and construction. These may include Passenger restraints such as seat belts often in conjunction with and airbags Crash avoidance equipment such as lights and reflectors Driver assistance systems such as Electronic Stability Control Crash survivability design including fire-retardant interior materials, standards for fuel system integrity, and the use of safety glass moderation detectors.
The department is inviting comments in this regard from expertise in the field so that the same can be adopted by the department and thus makes improvement in the traffic related issues.
The last date for submission of your comments is 31st March, 2016 by 6:00 PM IST.