- Chandigarh UT
- Creative Corner
- Dadra Nagar Haveli UT
- Daman and Diu U.T.
- Department of Administrative Reforms and Public Grievances
- Department of Biotechnology
- Department of Commerce
- Department of Consumer Affairs
- Department of Industrial Policy and Promotion (DIPP)
- Department of Posts
- Department of Science and Technology
- Department of Telecom
- Digital India
- Economic Affairs
- Ek Bharat Shreshtha Bharat
- Energy Conservation
- Expenditure Management Commission
- Food Security
- Girl Child Education
- Government Advertisements
- Green India
- Incredible India!
- India Textiles
- Indian Railways
- Job Creation
- LiFE-21 Day Challenge
- Mann Ki Baat
- Manual Scavenging-Free India
- Ministry for Development of North Eastern Region
- Ministry of Agriculture and Farmers Welfare
- Ministry of Chemicals and Fertilizers
- Ministry of Civil Aviation
- Ministry of Coal
- Ministry of Corporate Affairs
- Ministry of Culture
- Ministry of Defence
- Ministry of Earth Sciences
- Ministry of Education
- Ministry of Environment, Forest and Climate Change
- Ministry of External Affairs
- Ministry of Health and Family Welfare
- Ministry of Home Affairs
- Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs
- Ministry of Information and Broadcasting
- Ministry of Jal Shakti
- Ministry of Law and Justice
- Ministry of Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises (MSME)
- Ministry of Petroleum and Natural Gas
- Ministry of Power
- Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment
- Ministry of Statistics and Programme Implementation
- Ministry of Steel
- Ministry of Women and Child Development
- MyGov Move - Volunteer
- New Education Policy
- New India Championship
- NITI Aayog
- NRIs for India’s Growth
- Open Forum
- Revenue and GST
- Rural Development
- Saansad Adarsh Gram Yojana
- Sakriya Panchayat
- Skill Development
- Smart Cities
- Sporty India
- Swachh Bharat (Clean India)
- Tribal Development
- Watershed Management
- Youth for Nation-Building
Give Your Inputs/ Suggestions on Draft Indian National Defence University (INDU) Bill, 2015
Indian National Defence University Bill, 2015 proposes to establish a world class fully autonomous institution of National Importance under Ministry of Defence. University will ...
Indian National Defence University Bill, 2015 proposes to establish a world class fully autonomous institution of National Importance under Ministry of Defence. University will develop and propagate higher education (PhD, M Phil, M Tech and M Sc) in National Security Studies, Defence Management and Defence Technology and promote policy oriented research on all aspects relating to national security, both internal and external. It would also encourage awareness of national security issues by reaching out to scholars and an audience beyond the official machinery. It will also serve as a think tank contributing to policy formulation and debates on security and strategy. INDU will inculcate and promote coordination and interaction not just between the three Armed Services but also between other agencies of the Government, the Civil Bureaucracy, Para Military Forces, Central Armed Police Forces, Intelligence Services, Diplomats, Academicians, Strategic Planners, University Students and officers from Friendly Foreign Countries. It would create synergy between the academic community and Govt functionaries. It would make available opportunities for higher studies through distance learning to interested military personnel.
Initially, four new colleges / institutions, namely School of National Security Studies, School of Defence Technology, School of Defence Management and Centre for Distance and Open Learning are proposed to be set up at main campus at Binola, Gurgaon. The four existing Defence Institutions namely National Defence College (NDC), New Delhi, College of Defence Management (CDM), Secunderabad, Defence Services Staff College (DSSC), Wellington and National Defence Academy (NDA), Khadakwasla, Pune are proposed to be brought under the ambit of INDU without diluting their powers or autonomy for award of degrees and diplomas.
The last date for sharing inputs on Draft Indian National Defense University Bill, 2015 is 21st August, 2016.
Click here to read the Draft INDU Bill in English
Click here to read the Draft INDU Bill in Hindi
Accepted suggestions should be published on this forum so that everyone knows what has been incorporated and what type of suggestions are included
Again under the objectives Section 8 Page 4
One of the objective could be
To ideate and develop solutions in the area of National Defence and National Security
To Help in training of defence personnel in the area of new policies, technologies, trends, various education programs
To help integrate technology/solutions developed with forces on the ground
Following suggestions can be incorporated
1. Under Objectives of University - There is no specific mention of cyber security considering today's technology age. Cyber Security needs to be incorporated as part of internal, external security including Cyber Security
It is a good idea provided it will have clear vision considering the India defence needs in future. More important is the expected deliverables from this Institution. In my view it should not only be limited to just higher education but also act as a catalyst to introduce new technologies into defence establishment. A time bound need based reascerh and implementation should be one of the deliverable.
First of all aima and objective for defence university should be clear, and accordingly school based faculty has to be maintained since the begening. Atleast the students of defence university has to attained defence or military training compulsorily and able to act as a second alternative forces if situation invites for the country. India is called a youth power country but there is no worth if they remain idle. They should get opportunity to equip well with such trainings and others to utilise
India has always been in defensive mode with Pakistan. Pakistan is playing proxy war with India since decades and India lost many brave men and officers in this.Both countries deployed their troops and J&K had become a heavily militarized zone on the planet.Everyday we see the news of clashes between protesters and security forces these days which provides our enemy a shield to them.J&K tourism is now seems to collapse after such incidences.Its a huge request to respond enemy in their own way!
All personnel including students on campus should be governed by army act. Exclusions od any may be only for friendly forign defence students.
A batch of officers from Civil Bureaucracy, Para Military Forces, Central Armed Police Forces, Intelligence Services, Diplomats, Academicians, Strategic Planners etc be sent to DSSC as a primer to see if they can comprehend what is at stake before an act is made.
1. Interim provisions.54(1)(i) & (ii) - armed services needs to be substituted with armed forces. 02 can be from armed services & bal02 can be from others. The university is defence university not anti terrorism university therefore armed forces need to be the driving force. You can't give a literate farmer with 30 yrs farming experience a book how to fly a plane & tell him to fly a VVIP/ INDIA 1 aircraft.
2. What degree will be given to the students? Needs to be elaborated.
Just like iit and nit ,we have to set up some defence institute like nidt or iidt (Indian inst of defence technology )in this institute having equipped with high technology and research on new technologies, training should be given on war like sitiation, all thing in this instt.but it starts from school first we put two thing compulsory like one is defence teaching as subject and second sports subject this also help india