- Chandigarh UT
- Creative Corner
- Dadra Nagar Haveli UT
- Daman and Diu U.T.
- Department of Administrative Reforms and Public Grievances
- Department of Biotechnology
- Department of Commerce
- Department of Consumer Affairs
- Department of Industrial Policy and Promotion (DIPP)
- Department of Science and Technology
- Department of Telecom
- Digital India
- Economic Affairs
- Ek Bharat Shreshtha Bharat
- Energy Conservation
- Expenditure Management Commission
- Food Security
- Girl Child Education
- Government Advertisements
- Green India
- Healthy India
- Incredible India!
- India Textiles
- Indian Railways
- Job Creation
- Mann Ki Baat
- Manual Scavenging-Free India
- Ministry for Development of North Eastern Region
- Ministry of Agriculture and Farmers Welfare
- Ministry of Chemicals and Fertilizers
- Ministry of Civil Aviation
- Ministry of Coal
- Ministry of Corporate Affairs
- Ministry of Culture
- Ministry of Defence
- Ministry of Earth Sciences
- Ministry of External Affairs
- Ministry of Home Affairs
- Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs
- Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD)
- Ministry of Information and Broadcasting
- Ministry of Law and Justice
- Ministry of Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises (MSME)
- Ministry of Petroleum and Natural Gas
- Ministry of Power
- Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment
- Ministry of Statistics and Programme Implementation
- Ministry of Steel
- Ministry of Water Resources, River Development and Ganga Rejuvenation
- Ministry of Women and Child Development
- MyGov Move - Volunteer
- New Education Policy
- New India Championship
- NITI Aayog
- NRIs for India’s Growth
- Open Forum
- Revenue and GST
- Rural Development
- Saansad Adarsh Gram Yojana
- Sakriya Panchayat
- Skill Development
- Smart Cities
- Sporty India
- Swachh Bharat (Clean India)
- Tribal Development
- Watershed Management
- Youth for Nation-Building
Explore different cultures through the Sangam App and share your feedback
Under the aegis of Ministry of Culture, Government of India, the Indira Gandhi National Centre for the Arts (IGNCA) has created, a mobile and web music application ‘SANGAM’, as ...
Under the aegis of Ministry of Culture, Government of India, the Indira Gandhi National Centre for the Arts (IGNCA) has created, a mobile and web music application ‘SANGAM’, as the name of the application suggests, has been conceived as an aural confluence of several streams of devotion and divinity, as also a confluence of the various art forms that are part of our musical traditions. The application has been envisioned as a one-stop virtual destination for the connoisseurs of music of classical, folk, devotional and popular styles alike.
‘SANGAM’ is a first of its kind initiative taken by the Ministry of Culture, Government of India and the following are its major features:
1. Sangam features over 2500 devotional tracks in 24 Indian languages on themes such as Mantras, Lord Vishnu (and his various Avatars like Ram and Krishna, etc.), Lord Shiva, Lord Ganesha, Goddess Durga and Devis (such as Lakshmi, Saraswati) etc.
2. The content includes songs and music from the National Audio-Visual Cultural Archives, by Bharat Ratna(s) PanditBhimsen Joshi, Ustad Bismillah Khan and Dr. M.S. Subbulakshmi; and incorporates recitation and recitals from classical texts like The Vedas, Adi Shankaracharya’s Moha Mudgara, poet Jayadeva’s Gita Govinda, Goswami Tulsi Das’s Ram Charit Manas, Dohas of Sant Kabir, Bhajans of Meera Bai, Kritis of Thyagaraja and Abhangs of Sant Tukaram, to name only a few.
3. Furthermore, the rich content includes Thumris, Dadras, Bhajans, Abhangs, Kritis and Padams and other genres across various traditions of Hindustani & Carnatic Classical Music and folk music.
4. Sangam App will be updated soon with several Sufi, Gurbani and other devotional tracks from all faiths.
Sangam App is available now on Android and iOS platforms, and also as a web application.
Call to action: - The Ministry of Culture hereby invites the Citizens of India to come forward and provide feedback to promote, share and enjoy the Sangam App.